Senior Consultant, Big Data
- Standort: Melbourne, Victoria, Australien
- Gehalt: Competitive
- Art des Jobangebots: Vollzeit
Senior Consultant, Big DataAre you an experienced data warehouse and big data analytics specialist? Do you like to solve the most complex and high scale data challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new data analytics technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing web services to do big new things faster, at lower cost?
At AWS, we're hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and support implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as batch data processing, designing and deploying future state of fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service and assist in building or designing reference configurations to enable our customers and influence Redshift adoption.
• Employ customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Write and produce technical documentation, knowledgebase articles
• Work closely with AWS Redshift teams at all levels to help ensure the success of project consulting engagements with customer
• Work directly with customers' technical resources to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements
• Help design and implement Redshift Cluster architectures and configurations for customer
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
• Consulting with Customer to troubleshoot error conditions and migrate load processes from Appliance DWH system (e.g. Netezza, Teradata) to AWS Redshift
• Consulting with Customers in optimal design of database projections
• Analyze complex distributed production deployments, and make recommendations to optimize performance
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing 5 or more years of IT platform implementation experience
• Keep current with the NoSQL and MPP ecosystem technologies
• Developing innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
• Travel up to 50%
• 5+ years of experience in DBA or application DBA activities
• Understand high availability concepts
• Understands server tuning concepts (parameters, resources, contention, etc)
• Backup / restore/ Disaster Recovery experience
• Experience with data warehousing concepts and techniques including extensive knowledge and use of star schema
• Experience in optimization techniques such as projections and partitioning
• Able to write, tune SQL queries
• Understand column store databases
• Scripting language (bash, perl, python)
• Proven ability in managing databases of 1-10TB in size (Vertica, Greenplum, Netezza, AsterData, Paracel, Exadata)
• Understanding of OLTP vs OLAP data administration needs
• Experience in ETL/ELT workflow management
• Understanding and ability to participate in all phases of the SDLC including requirements gathering, business analysis, configuration management and quality control
• Hands on experience leading large-scale global data warehousing and analytics projects.
• Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences.
• Experience with AWS EC2, monitoring and optimization
• Implementation and tuning experience specifically using Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR).
• Full understanding of Redshift or Columnar DB architecture
• Familiar with HBASE
• Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.