Trade Floor Support Technology - Hong Kong Equities
- Hong Kong
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 18 Aug 17
Trade Floor Support Technology - Hong Kong Equities
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide . Please visit our website here for more information.
The Equities business at Barclays is experiencing a momentous investment to become a top tier Investment Bank. To ensure we have a world class technology platform to support a global equities business, the Equities technology team is building out leading edge technology and seeking top talent in the application management space to ensure that the business receives world class service and stability.
The Equities technology team is responsible for technology to support Cash Single Stock trading, Program Trading, Prop Systematic trading, Middle Office, Data Warehouse, OTC/Structured derivatives trading, Life Cycle Management, Risk & Position Management and lastly, the running of the production environment.
Application Management within Equities Technology is responsible for all "Run the Bank" activities starting from the build and deployment of new applications, then having full run responsibilities for all elements of the technology stack during its lifespan.
· A key element in being successful in this space is having a strong partnership with key business stakeholders
· Application Management activities can be focused on meeting business expectations in as proactive a manner as possible
As a member of the trade floor support team which is part of Equities Run-The-Bank in APAC, the candidate will have following responsibilities:
· Provide application support for mission critical trading systems, i.e. Sales, Order & Execution Management and Risk/Position management system during Asia Pacific business hours
· Will be covering Prime and Derivatives business groups
· Be the first point of contact for traders, sales and client service groups for any issues or queries around functionality, usage, execution, client flows, latency, pricing and static data.
· Develop specialist knowledge in relevant systems and local markets, sharing that knowledge, as required, with global teams
· Liaise with development teams on both issue basis and strategic initiatives
· Take ownership of issues through to resolution or escalation, as appropriate
· Pro-actively improve the quality of systems and service, and increase business value
· Would need to be part of weekend rota (for application releases which can't be done on a weekday). Weekend rota will be compensated with a Comp-Off.
· Uphold and champion policies, procedures and standards
· Equity Markets technology experience in a related front-office application support role within investment banking.
· We require candidate with in-depth knowledge of Trading Listed equities product
· Most importantly, the person has to be very enthusiastic about support, understands the criticality of it and demonstrates a strong passion and sense of purpose for the role. He / She should be a person who has a flair for support role and loves it rather than do it as a job. This is extremely important.
· Willing to work under high pressure situation.
· Order / Execution management system
· Exchange and Client Connectivity Systems
· Unix / Linux
· Knowledge of FIX
· SQL (Sybase / Oracle)
· Shell/Perl scripting
· General infrastructure knowledge: the ability to troubleshoot performance issues
· Excellent communicator, client facing skills, able to work well in a cross-disciplined team and alone with minimum supervision.
· Pro-active, thorough, organized and energetic.
· Excellent problem solver with a commitment to thorough root cause analysis and business process improvement
· Knowledge of KDB is a plus
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .