Head of Operational Risk
- Dublin, Leinster, Irland
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Paragon Executive
- 15 Jan 17
An international bank with substantial Dublin based operations has a requirement for a senior operational risk professional to join their group risk function. . You will lead a programme designed to extend the reach of Operational Risk into the business and determine the impact of regulatory change.
- Designing and continuously improving operational risk controls and reporting
- Conducting regular risk self-assessments with managers across all the functions
- Develop the operational risk function as a centre of knowledge for all business activities
- Represent the bank as subject matter expert to external parties such as regulators and auditors
- Play a key role in new product planning process to ensure that all processes meet operation risk guidelines
- You will ideally have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in operational risk or control function in the financial services sector
- Excellent technical knowledge and skills, particularly with regard to the organisation, processes and systems used in a wholesale banking business.
- Strong capital markets product knowledge is essential, and especially experience of derivatives & structured products
- You will bring strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels of the organisation
This role will provide you with an opportunity to join a changing institution, and play a key role in how operational risk is viewed in the organisation.
For further information, or to discuss your next step in your risk career, please contact Paul O’Reilly at Paragon Executive Intelligence on +353 (0)1 8746770. To apply, please submit your CV through the website.