Manager Financial Risk Measurement & Research (Trading Quant)
- Amsterdam, Nord-Holland, Niederlande
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 22 Aug 17
Manager Financial Risk Measurement & Research (Trading Quant)
ING is looking for...
a Manager Financial Risk Measurement & Research (Trading Quant)
A manager for the global team of trading quantitative analysts (Trading Quants), that supports the global Financial Risk organisation in the validation of fair value and pricing models, development of risk models and methodologies for both market risk and counterparty credit risk in trading, and quantitative development.
You are a mature team leader with a broad understanding of Risk and Model Development, preferably with a strong quantitative background, who has affinity with models and quantitative techniques and can work with an international team of high value specialists. You will report directly to the Head of Model Development Financial Risk.
You are an individual who can and will, together with the Head of Model Development, build a solid organisation within a dynamic environment. You can easily interact with stakeholders of different departments and also senior stakeholders of the bank.
You possess an excellent command of English, being able to demonstrate negotiation, presentation and writing skills.
You are able to deal with cultural differences and cooperate constructively with your peers in building a sustainable, effective and efficient working environment.
Mission & Dimensions
Within Financial Risk the department Model Development is responsible for all pricing models and risk models within ING. This is including regulatory credit risk models, Balance sheet risk models, Non-Financial Risk models, financial market risk models, non-regulatory retail models, bank wide risk models etc.
- Lead a team of quantitative specialists covering pricing model validation in all product areas (equity and commodity derivatives, fixed income derivatives, foreign exchange derivatives, credit derivatives and CVA
- Lead a team of quantitative specialists covering development of risk models and methodologies for market risk and counterparty credit risk in trading.
- Take responsibility of quantitative aspects for regulatory driven programs in the Trading area of Financial Institutions/Financial Markets (e.g. FRTB, IMM, SA-CCR, ...)
- Coordinate with local Trading Risk managers and Financial Markets on priorities regarding pricing model validation, risk model development and quantitative support.
- Develop and maintain policies regarding pricing model validation and risk methodology, in cooperation with other Risk departments
- Support the functioning of the Trading Pricing Model Committee (TPMC).
- Review all pricing model validation reports and technical notes from the team for final approval and before submission to TPMC.
- Coordinate development of benchmark models that are used in the validation process.
- Maintain an overview of validated pricing models and their restrictions for both internal use within ING and external use (auditors, regulators...).
- Co-ordination of the communication with both external vendors and internal quantitative analysts who develop pricing models.
- Advise senior management of Financial Risk Model Development on quantitative matters.
- Manage contacts within ING, as well as outside (auditors, regulators, ....) with respect to quantitative aspects of market and counterparty credit risk for trading, as well as pricing models.
- Enforce good communication and co-ordination between team specialists to avoid duplication of work and optimal use of specialist resources.
- F ollow recent developments in areas of pricing models or risk modelling, and make sure that these are shared within the organization.
- Provide guidance to all analysts in the team in their execution of their pricing model validation and risk model development projects .
- Organizational setup and new technologies
- Setting-up the new governance of this department, together with Head of Model Development Financial Risk, including potential opportunities in new technology fields such as big data, artificial intelligence and advanced algorithms. Investigating and executing potential sourcing strategies is part of the scope.
- Functional management and Stakeholder management. You will report functionally to the head of the Model Development Financial Risk and liaise with local risk departments from various countries, e.g. Germany, Poland, etc.
- People and team Management: I t is expected that the Trading Quants team will consist of 10-15 high value specialists with a mix of quantitative and business backgrounds.
- People Management with a focus on recruiting, coaching, development and performance management within your team;
Your work environment
- The Trading Quants team will consist of 10-15 high value specialists with a mix of quantitative and business backgrounds;
- You will frequently interact with other departments and senior stakeholders of the bank.
- You will work within an international multi-cultural area.
- Taking a leadership role with the ability to move from strategic thinking to problem-solving;
- Make sure that the Orange Code behaviour is well embedded in the department;
- Both problem identifier and problem solver, involving the appropriate parties in doing so;
- Result-driven and able to push things forward in a persistent and constructive manner;
- Able to manage different stakeholders and navigate different cultural environments;
- Leadership (coaching, giving & asking feedback);
- Decisive and resilient;
- Analytical Skills (breakdown of complex projects/issues in manageable pieces);
- Changeable and flexible, able to act swiftly in changing situations;
- Well structured, autonomous, highly adaptive, flexible team player;
- Thrive while working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; .
Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information, please visit http://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/This-is-ING-too/ING-Values.htm
- Education: Academic /PHD level
- >5 years of experience in the Risk domain;
- >3 years of experience as a manager;
- Fluent in English.
What we offer
- 40 hours
Apply directly online, click on Apply for this job. For further inquiries, please contact Yuen Fun Liu +31-20-5638343 . Please send your CV and motivation. We are looking forward to your application! For more information on vacancies please check www.ING.nl/carriere