Credit Analyst - Financial Institutions
- Genf, Genève, Schweiz
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Lotus Partners
- 10 Jan 17
To analyse the banking and insurance industries, conduct fundamental and relative-value research on these sectors and on a portfolio of core financial institutions, predominantly in Europe and USA.
- To monitor the major trends and risks in the industries/sectors for which you are responsible
- To maintain and publish a credit outlook regarding the fundamentals for these industries, together with a view on the drivers of their credit valuations
- To conduct fundamental research on the core issuers that fall within your remit, including performing financial analyses, meeting company managements, carrying out industry analysis, attending conferences and interacting with various teams
- To issue high-conviction and executable bond recommendations that reflect a range of risk appetites and investment strategies, from core-holdings in defensive portfolios to more opportunistic or risky instruments (corp hybrid, bank sub, not rated) in more offensive portfolios
- To actively market your recommendations and contribute to credit publications
- To contribute to the credit team’s discussions on individual ideas, with a view to setting convictions within the wider research team
- To assist portfolio managers in assessing various instruments and private client portfolios
- To contribute with other research team members to efforts to develop and articulate a clear Credit Strategy.
- Postgraduate degree in finance, economics or a business-related field, ideally complemented by a Master’s degree in Finance, an MBA or a CFA (can be in progress)
- At least 8 years’ experience covering banks, ideally with good knowledge/experience of insurance companies
- Extensive credit experience, ideally as a buy-side analyst for an asset manager and, if not, as a sell-side analyst for an investment bank or as a ratings analyst for a ratings agency
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written/Excellent public-speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent knowledge of the methodologies used by ratings agencies
- Proficient user of the credit-focused tools and functions of Bloomberg.
- Strong IT skills (knowledge of VBA and ACCESS would be a plus)
- Fluent French and English. Command of other languages would be an asset
- Swiss residency required or willing to relocate.
All files will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.