- Singapur, Singapore
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 11 Aug 17
Senior Analyst, Risk Measurement Assurance (Direct Contract - 12 months)
- Standort: Singapur, Singapore
- Gehalt: Negotiable
- Art des Jobangebots: Vollzeit
Please view Job Description for details.Group Risk Measurement (GRM) is responsible for developing models for risk measurement of credit and market risks.
Risk Measurement Assurance (RMA) is part of GRM and covers the following aspects:
- Ratings System Design, Operation, and Performance
- Model Governance
- Credit RWA Advisory
- Operational Risk and Control
The role of RMA for Rating System Design, Operation and Performance includes the following areas:
- Setting standards for assigning and maintaining credit grades and the benefit of collateral for regulatory capital purposes, and assessing exceptions to internal standards.
- Reviewing regulatory changes and ensuring that the ratings system remains compliant
- Monitoring the use of rating system including model selection by the user, the use of overrides, missing and stale grades, etc.
- Monitoring the performance and accuracy of the models, and implementing and maintaining post model adjustments.
- Ensuring that ratings system related documentation is in place and maintained.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will join a small, existing monitoring team and participate in the analysis and reporting of the rating system use and performance. This includes but is not limited to:
- Analysis of credit model performance for PD, LGD and EAD models for AIRB and IFRS9 purposes, spanning both retail and wholesale models. This will involve data sourcing and preparation, carrying out performance calculations in SAS environment using approved methodologies, and analysis and interpretation of results. For those retail scorecards monitored by in-country teams, the role involves engaging with in-country teams to facilitate local analysis and reporting, reviewing and challenging the results, and then incorporating the results into Group level data sets.
- Analysis of credit model usage for wholesale PD models focussing on model selection by the user, model output overrides by the user, and the completeness and timeliness of the credit grades population. This includes data sourcing, preparation, analysis, and interpretation, and will involve close liaison with the Group Credit Policy team and Credit Risk Officers.
- Preparation of post model adjustments to correct for model performance issues, using approved methodologies.
- Preparation of associated reports and presentations for submission to senior management and governance committees.
- Liaison with Group Model Development teams, Group Model Validation teams, and various country credit risk teams across the SCB footprint.
- Identification and follow up on regulatory and policy compliance issues.
- Further development of monitoring automation in SAS environment.
- Liaison with credit model development, validation, and business analyst teams to communicate, promote, and manage changes.
Support stakeholders on engagements with regulators on rating system use and performance related matters.
Provide technical assistance and guidance to junior team members.
Demonstrate creativity and willingness to contribute towards the enhancement of the existing practices in Risk Measurement Assurance.
Support the department as directed by the Head of RMA.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree level education in Statistics / Economics / Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical role within the banking industry
- Strong experience in SAS (5+ years) and MS Excel for automation of data extraction, analysis, and MI production
- Knowledge of credit risk and fundamentals of retail and wholesale banking products
- Knowledge of IFRS9 requirement and/or IRB (MAS, CRR) regulations covering credit models
- Knowledge of credit score cards used for decision making
- Drive to creatively apply analytic solutions to business problems and manage multiple concurrent projects effectively
- Eye for detail, to maintain high level of accuracy and correctness
- Very good communication skills; highly articulate
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31/08/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.