- Singapur, Singapore
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 10 Aug 17
Senior Developer - SABRE
- Standort: Singapur, Singapore
- Gehalt: Negotiable
- Art des Jobangebots: Vollzeit
Please view Job Description for details.JOB SCOPE
FMSD (Financial Markets Solution Delivery) is a world class technology group in Standard Chartered bank to provide technical solutions to support the bank's Financial Markets business. We bring a deep understanding of the market, a scientific approach, and innovative technologies to bear on the challenges of profitable trading in the world's highly competitive environment. This is a rare opportunity to get into an organization working with smart, great technologists globally in financial markets domain. The culture in FMSD is open, intellectual, and fun. Learning opportunities are plentiful: organized classes and seminars; freewheeling discussions; intensive one-on-one mentorships. Career advancement is always waiting for those high-energized talents to pursue.
SABRE (Analytics, Booking & Risk Engine) is a cross-asset (FX, Commodities, Equities, Credit and Rates) risk management and structured products trading platform to support the bank's fast-growing financial markets business. It's built upon cutting-edge technologies and running globally in London, New York, Singapore, Hong Kong and Dubai.
As a Developer, you'll be responsible for delivering quality software to tight timelines. Based in Singapore and working in a dynamic global team with business analysts, project managers, business stakeholders and other technical experts across multiple locations in London and China.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- To be a trusted senior developer within the SABRE team.
- Experienced developers with previous experience in the end-to-end design, development and support of risk management systems
- Ability to work and liaise directly with the Front Office, Middle Office, Product Control and various risk functions
- Familiarity and confidence working in an agile development environment
- Self-starter who can drive/facilitate requirements and development effort
- Data and compute grid experience a plus
- Functional programming experience a plus
- Responsible for the full development lifecycle for implementing the Bank's risk management system.
- Interact with the business users to gather the requirements
- Design smart and scalable solutions following the bank standards
- Coordinate with other teams in Technology
- Provide second line support
- Write efficient, clear code and be able to articulate what has been implemented and why.
- An excellent developer with good software design principles, someone who writes robust code along with accompanying test suites.
- Make sure that all software is incorporated into the CI/CD process in SABRE.
- Be a self starter and be able to quickly grasp and understand existing software.
Qualifications and Skills
Qualification & Skills
* 8+ years hands on development with investment banking IT experience
* Java (essential), SCALA/Haskell is an advantage
* Oracle development background, RAC is a plus.
* Development experience on functional language, such as Haskell, is a strong plus.
* SCRUM and Agile.
* Financial Market domain knowledge
* Investment banking is a strong plus
* Structured/Derivatives business is a plus
* Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
* Outstanding problem solving skills
* Proactive, self starter, autonomous
* Good team spirit
* Ability to work under pressure with multiple assignments
* Strong architectural and engineering background with experience of delivery.
* Strong Java and Oracle skills.
* Strong knowledge and previous experience in end-to-end design, development and subsequent support of large scale data processing systems built on Oracle.
* Familiarity and confidence working in an "agile" development environment.
* Who can drive / facilitate the requirements and development effort with the business.
Years or relevant experience: 8+
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.