Cross Asset Class Risk Manager Electronic Trading – Vice President
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan Stanley
- 16 Aug 17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles,
perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The EMEA Risk Management Division is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all market, credit and operational risk exposures arising from UK Group business activities, acting independently of business management and providing an effective challenge process.
As part of the EMEA Risk Management Division, the Market Risk Department identifies, measures, monitors, advises, challenges and controls market risks generated by the UK Group market-making and banking activities, acting independently of business management and providing an effective challenge process.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a professional with experience in Market Risk and/or Operational Risk to serve as a Vice President in the Market Risk Department in London. The role will cover algorithmic trading across all asset classes and we seek candidates with a strong desire to learn and the ability to work well as both an individual and as a member of the larger regional and global team.
Core Responsibilities Include:
• Review the risks associated with the trade flow through the multi-layered Trade Plant including manual and automated order generation, algorithm and router performance and conduct real-time market risk analysis using tools such as portfolio greeks, stress testing, liquidity analysis, and Basel capital measures such as VaR, Stressed VaR, IRC, and CRM.
• Oversight of trading limits and controls to ensure the business is taking risk consistent with the Firm’s strategy (including review of intraday single and aggregate order limit framework and intraday order limit utilization).
• Implementation of the governance and controls policy for MRD including assisting in the development of new controls where appropriate.
• Working directly with, and building effective working relationships with, a diverse set of stakeholders including: Sales and Trading, Business Unit Risk Management, Desk Strategists, Compliance, Technology and Operations.
• Engaging with the Front Office, assess the risk of the current trading activities and new products/systems.
• Coordinating as necessary with other functional groups including risk analytics, Front Office strats, operations, risk reporting, regulatory and capital groups and maintain active dialogue with trading desks, corporate treasury, risk management colleagues, and other support groups regarding trading and hedging strategies, risk representation, and limit compliance.
• Communicating key risks to senior management on a regular basis, including creation of presentations articulating key risks and portfolio changes. Escalating emerging or developing risks as the technological landscape evolves.
• Data mining to draw out patterns for Management Information (MI) using a variety of databases/ data sources such as relational and time-series databases, and information automatically generated in flat file formats.
• Reviewing and enhancing, where appropriate, reporting, MI and governance frameworks including documentation.
• Experience in a role with direct exposure to electronic trading (Risk Management, Technology, Operational Risk, etc.).
• Experience with electronic trading technologies and concepts, e.g. FIX messaging, market micro-structure, regulatory rules, and market data.
• Strong knowledge of financial products is essential, including an understanding of risk representations (including greeks) and a solid understanding of risk management concepts such as VaR, stress testing, scenario analysis, and capital is required.
• An excellent academic background, including an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline, such as economics, finance, sciences or engineering. Additional qualifications, such as an FRM, would also be looked upon favourably.
• Proactive with the ability to work as both part of a close-knit team and independently.
• Excellent communication skills for written, graphical and verbal presentation
• Proficiency with a variety of IT applications as well as a good understanding of programming is advantageous.
• Strong analytical background.
• Strong project management skills with the ability to handle multiple deliverables.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-CL1