Be a Part of Our Success
Surveillance Data Mining Engineer (Associate Director)What is the opportunity?
Work as part of the Team providing Surveillance to Investor and Treasury Service, RBC Capital Markets, Global Asset Management UK and Wealth Management, London. Support the delivery of core elements of the Compliance Management Plan as it relates to trade and communications surveillance on a timely and consistent basis and in accordance with this mandate and agreed goals/objectives, and augment RBCs Surveillance by designing and building novel autonomous systems to detect potential market abuse.
What will you do?
- Mining databases and unstructured data for potential market abuse
- Use novel autonomous systems to increase the effectiveness and scope of surveillance at RBC
- Design techniques to perform analysis of audio and eCommunications with the aim of detecting potential market abuse
- Design techniques to perform analysis of trade, order and quote data with the aim of detecting potential market abuse
- Drive forward RBC's general surveillance functionality
- Ensure Surveillance coverage remains suitable in this dynamic environment
- Instigate proactive and bespoke searches and techniques across a wide range of communication and trading platforms
- Ongoing development of reports, systems and processes
What do you need to succeed?
- Extensive knowledge of artificial intelligence concepts and practical applications, especially natural language understanding, knowledge representation, reasoning and planning.
- Broad programming ability for both 'back-end' and 'front-end' applications; including languages appropriate for natural language processing and unstructured data mining (e.g. Python, Java), as well as for building user interfaces (e.g. Swift, HTML5)
- Ability to design & build prototype systems unaided (without project management, analyst or development support)
- Ability and willingness to accept accountability demonstrate initiative, work with limited direct supervision and support effective cross-unit co-operation, information sharing etc
- Ideally educated to at least first degree level with a relevant degree, hold a recognised relevant professional qualification, or be willing to study for the same.
- Knowledge of the UK regulatory framework, especially Market Abuse rules
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: City of London
Address: Riverbank House
Work Hours/Week: 35
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 2017-08-08
Req ID: 141722
Posting Notes: [[mfield1]]