Data Management, Assistant Vice President
Division The Enterprise Data Management Operations group is responsible for effective and consistent Data Management of the bank’s data which is deemed critical: Used in external reporting, used to continuously provide information to the bank’s board, and data whose deficiency can cause financial loss/severe Impact
The Enterprise Data Management Operations group is responsible for effective and consistent Data Management of the bank’s data which is deemed critical: Used in external reporting, used to continuously provide information to the bank’s board, and data whose deficiency can cause financial loss/severe Impact to the customer.
The new hire will work as a member of the centralized Enterprise Data Management Operations group for Mizuho U.S. Operations (MUSO), to perform activities required to provide effective control of the data which is deemed critical to the bank.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work within the following Data Management Operations work stream:
Data Quality Issue Remediation – Once data quality issues are discovered –
- Work with downstream business end-users in order to provide Tactical data quality remediation;
- Work with upstream source systems’ Operations and IT in order to provide Strategic data quality remediation work effort analysis, monitor progress and report status to senior management.
- Work in cooperation and be aware of the efforts in the other Data Management Operations work streams:
- Data Lineage;
- Data Quality Profiling;
- Data Quality Monitoring;
- Strong Experience in the following areas:
- Data definition, Meta data management, Data dictionary, Data steward
- Issue Management, Change Management
- Ability to identify inherit operational risk and assess how the Data management state is impacting other functional areas (e.g. Accounting and Regulatory Reporting).
- Reporting metrics to show progress from the remediation activities.
- Estimating timelines & budget related to the remediation activities.
- DM Tool Implementation.
- Data Governance (Policies & Procedures) and how it translates to Data Management Operations, specifically Data Quality Issue Remediation.
- Stay involved and up to date with the Industry’s best practices in the space of Data Governance and Data Management.
- Experience and track record of delivery of major risk and finance initiatives at large and complex financial institutions.
- Understanding of risk and finance processes as well as the technologies and data which enable these.
- Experience establishing workflows to escalate issues to the appropriate parties.
- Knowledge and experience of regulatory change management is preferred.
- Strong communication skills: Both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff.
- Tolerance and understanding in multi cultures.
- Eligible to work in the US
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, economics mathematics, physics or computer science
- Master’s degree is preferred
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Intermediate Excel skills (pivot tables, Vlookup, etc.), Visio, and PowerPoint (PPT)
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution that offers clients award-winning strategic and creative solutions in corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. We have experts in offices throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Chile. Our operations in the Americas connect our broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector entities to local markets and the vast global network of our parent company—Mizuho Financial Group.
Mizuho Financial Group is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, offering comprehensive financial and strategic services including private banking and venture capital through its subsidiaries. Based in Japan, the group has over 56,000 professionals working in 920 offices in nearly 40 countries throughout Asia, EMEA, and the Americas. As of March 31, 2016 its total assets were $1.8 trillion.