Operational Risk Analyst – Scenario Analysis
- Budapest, Ungarn
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Aug 17
See job description for details
Operational Risk Department (ORD)
The Operational Risk Department assists in embedding an Operational Risk culture throughout the Firm to promote transparency, disclosure and best practices to assist Business Lines in the management of Operational Risk.
The Operational Risk Department’s specific responsibilities include reporting to Boards and Senior Management on operational risk issues, ensuring that requirements of investors, senior management and regulators are adequately met.
Within the Operational Risk Department, we have established a team of professionals in the Budapest office dealing with reporting and analytics. Their work includes providing analysis and deep dives on certain ad hoc topics, designing, creating and implementing reports for senior management and enhancing/localizing the current operational risk capital model.
The Budapest team is integrated into the global Operational Risk Group and works closely with professionals based in New York, London and Hong Kong and holds close relations with different departments like Sales, Prime Brokerage, Documentation, and Legal and Business Unit Risk management.
Support current team in Budapest ORD on several tasks and deliverables will include but are not limited to:
- Maintenance and update of established exposure based models and documentation
- Understanding and reporting changes to loss distributions and exposures
- Quantify key Operational Risk Scenarios by identifying potential risk drivers, establishing the relationship between driver and loss impact and documenting research
- Perform complex capital impact analyses
- Produce exploratory data analysis on operational risk data
- Assist in the development and testing of Scenario Analysis technology
- Running Operational Risk reports
The ideal candidate should have:
- Strong interest in operational risk. Thesis in operational risk is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree completed. Master's Degree or equivalent completed or under completion is an advantage.
- Excellent quantitative analytical and numerical skills.
- Understanding of VaR and modeling preferred.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, ADVANCED Excel
- Excel VBA and/or Matlab knowledge is a plus.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent command of English both written and oral.