Senior FX Operations professional
Partners Group is a global private markets investment manager, serving over 900 institutional investors. We have USD 91 billion in assets under management and more than 1,300 professionals across 20 offices worldwide. We realize potential in private markets by financing and developing great companies, desirable real estate and essential infrastructure. We create value in our investments through active and long-term responsible ownership. What it's about
We are looking for a deputy team head for our Middle Office team, who will be responsible for carrying out post-trade activities to support the Execution Desk, focusing predominantly on FX. These responsibilities will include the following:
What we expect
- FX trades reconciliation between our in-house Treasury system against counterparty confirmation. Monitoring the exception queues, resolving un-confirmed trades within tight regulatory and/or settlement deadlines.
- Daily management of FX settlements, which includes sending out netting e-mails, monitoring responses from counterparties, releasing agreed settlements from the processing queues, following up on exceptions in order to have all payments released before currency cut-off times.
- Monitoring the settlement of FX trades, inquiring with counterparties when proceeds not received on time and issuing interest claims to counterparties that delivered payments late.
- Handling of incoming interest claims from counterparties, investigating the root-cause of failed settlements, optimizing the process in order to minimize the loss to funds and/or firm.
- Daily collateral management (cash-only pledge), including handling of exceptions, monitoring settlement and processing monthly interests.
- Daily portfolio reconciliation in TriResolve, investigating exceptions of unmatched trades and large MTM deviations.
- Regulatory transaction reporting under EMIR and resolving exceptions, technical issues, ensuring all transactions are reported within regulatory deadline of T+1, escalating when deadlines are not met.
- Setting up counterparties in our systems, ensuring that onboarding is complete before signing-off for Execution Desk to start trading. Monitoring any post on-boarding changes on counterparties e.g. SSI and ensuring our systems are up to date
- Relationship building and management with external and internal stakeholders.
- Projects and process improvements within FX and regulatory environment.
- Organized and reliable person with a degree and 8+ years of experience in the middle/back office of an investment bank, asset manager or other financial institution.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment, ability to interpret technical standards and translate them into company deliverables.
- Leading experience in coordinating the daily operations of a small team.
- Proven track record in change management project involving multiple teams, with successful and timely completion.
- Committed person with efficient and pro-active approach to work who enjoys taking ownership, finding solutions and is continuously seeking to enhance existing processes.
- Detail oriented, analytical mind with clear and professional communication style.
If you want to become part of a dynamic team in a global organization where your contribution will be recognized and rewarded, please apply online.