See job description for details
- A senior role in IWM RAL Real Estate Finance, one of the firm's key target growth areas supporting HNW & UHNW clients;
- A leadership role in a newly established function with overall responsibility to create and develop a portfolio management capability within RAL Real Estate.
- Mandate of the team extends to cover E2E portfolio management including devising a framework, platform and processes in order to manage the portfolio risk on the back book and to support the planned growth of the loan portfolio in a robust way
- Portfolio comprises a high quality & diversified multi-billion CHF (& equivalent) real estate loan book with targeted volume net growth of 10%-15% per annum.
- Collateral pool includes residential and commercial real estate assets typically supplemented with either personal or corporate recourse.
- Core geographic focus of the portfolio is upon real estate assets that are located in Western Europe (UK, Switzerland, Italy, France, Spain and Monaco) together with special situations with assets located in US and Middle East regions;
- Stakeholder in key transaction level decision making to ensure consistency with overall portfolio fit and adherence to geographical and sectoral risk limits
- Full direct responsibility for the management of complex real estate loan transactions booked on CS Zurich loan platform post disbursement including covenant monitoring, risk reporting, loan amendments, loan restructuring
- Oversight responsibility for the management of regional booked loans supported via regional portfolio management resources on dotted-line basis
- Responsibility for production of market assessments in respect of the locations that the team is active in together with the building of a reporting framework to leverage off the real estate capabilities that exist across Credit Suisse in order to create a consistent and expert view
- Oversight of real estate valuation process & reporting including management of the valuation panel working in collaboration with other key stakeholders e.g. Credit Risk Management
- Responsibility for managing & reporting in collaboration with key stakeholders of all Real Estate cases on 'watch list' / under responsibility of recovery management teams
- Member of the Real Estate Finance Management Committee participating in key business decisions and influencing strategic direction
- Development as an SME role in respect of loan booking and risk management infrastructure including legal entity constraints / risk appetite, risk models etc
- Close collaboration with all teams involved in a Real Estate Finance transaction, i.e. from structuring to execution teams
- University degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years of working experience in the international (real estate) financing / credit risk with a top tier lender
- Strong analytical skills and in-depth knowledge of international lending business and credit risk analysis
- Sound knowledge in residential and complex commercial real estate transactions
- Team player with a high level of self-motivation, flexibility, initiative and enthusiasm for the real estate business
- Experience as a manager with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Proficiency in English, good communication skills in German, French, Italian or Spanish would be an asset
Ms. V. Thoma would be delighted to receive your application.
Please apply via our Career Portal.