The company Our client is a leading principal lender specialising in providing mezzanine financing for residential and commercial development projects across the UK. Role The successful candidate will form an integral part of a growing an entrepreneurial real estate lender and will be responsible for due diligence, underwriting, pricing, structuring and execution of new lending.
- Structure, underwrite and execute new development facilities.
- Taking responsibility for new transaction due diligence.
- Write and present detailed credit papers outlining the risks and mitigants for a deal, with a clear recommendation.
- Manage and analyse all the diligence streams for a transaction, including valuation reports, QS reports and legal documents.
- Manage the relationship with all key stakeholders to ensure a smooth transaction process.
- Contribute to the origination of new lending opportunities.
- Experience of underwriting and executing development loans.
- Highly numerate with a good understanding of development cash flows.
- Strong credit and risk analysis, with the ability to identify and mitigate any early warning signals.
- Due Diligence management and analysis (Legal, Valuation and QS reports).
- Confidence and the ability to manage borrowers, brokers and diligence providers.
- Excellent report writing and general communication skills.
- Ambitious with a good understanding of the UK development market.