An exciting and high-performing sales channel, our Broker Team needs an accomplished Business Development Manager to build out our portfolio of introducers in the North.
An exciting and high-performing sales channel, our Broker Team needs a Business Development Manager to manage & build part of our NW portfolio of brokers and introducers. You will be equal parts farmer / hunter, knowing how to start new relationships and succeed in supporting existing ones!
You will be our face-to-market in the M62 corridor and own it as a region, developing and implementing a strategy to establish and nurture intermediary-referred SME borrowers.
Did you know 56,000 UK businesses have financed their growth with a Funding Circle loan? We are the world’s leading marketplace for business loans and our mission is to improve the financial world by helping entrepreneurs achieve their goals. As we keep growing, we need you to help us scale even faster!
**this role is based in our Manchester office with travelling, covering the North West & West Yorkshire
What will you be responsible for?
- Building and nurturing Funding Circle’s presence in the North West & West Yorkshire with local business networks, leading to the acquisition of borrowers through established commercial finance brokers, accountants and business coach contacts
- Manage and support existing relationships on your panel - you will be given an established panel day 1
- Searching for, acquiring and building new relationships with relevant business contacts including accountants, business coaches and brokers both by face to face, telephone, LinkedIn and email
- Helping to develop and implement the team acquisition strategy (incl. which relationships and networks to target, in what order, and how, and assist with campaign/event planning)
- Partnering with a Business Development Executive to track introduced loan applications and to assist with general analysis/reporting on business network activity on a weekly and monthly basis
- Working from both our Manchester office and remotely, you will adapt a flexible working style, including travel, focusing on the M62 corridor (for example: Manchester through to Leeds and potentially beyond)
- There will also be occasional trips to our offices in London for training and team building events.
What will you bring to the role?
- Proven business development/sales experience in financial services - face-to-face sales experience is essential It would be great if you’ve worked with a lending product before, but not essential
- Both a hunter and farmer, with an appetite to build long-lasting relationships from the start
- You know how to manage your pipeline and your diary - you’re organised and a self-starter
- Motivated by success in numbers, and driven to achieve your targets
- Experience explaining complex products or services to businesses and introducers
- Strong presentation and organisational skills
- Located in the North West / West Yorkshire is ideal as you will cover and own this region
Preferred experience (but not essential for the right person!):
- Experience working with brokerages or intermediaries with access to SMEs would be advantageous
So why join us at Funding Circle?
We are a fast moving, innovative FinTech company, creating new solutions with the latest tech, data and fantastic service - our people are the core of that success, and we believe in a culture that’s as open and collaborative as it is passionate and ambitious.
- Walk into a team that champions working smart, working together and living the adventure
- Competitive salary package + uncapped monthly bonus and realistic (but not easy) targets
- Funding Circle shares
- Excellent opportunities for career growth and progression, we will support your goals
- We encourage everyone to learn, grow and go further with personal annual learning budget and our peer-to-peer learning at FC Academy
- Monthly team & company wide socials/team bonding
- Private health insurance includes 50% discount on Virgin Active + other cool stuff
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.