Make a meaningful impact in the defence industry shaping the future of technology for national security Your new company
Our client is a Canberra-based company that specialises in the design and manufacture of advanced radar and communications systems for defence and security applications. They offer a range of support services, including training, maintenance, and engineering support. With a focus on innovation and quality, Our Client has established itself as a leading supplier of radar and communications systems in Australia and around the world. Your new role
As the Deputy Project Manager - Domestic, your primary purpose will be to provide project management support to Program and Project Managers, ensuring the successful execution of assigned projects. You will play a vital role in maintaining relationships with customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders. Additionally, you will administer customer and supplier contracts and be responsible for project planning, documentation, scheduling, finance, reporting, risk management, and issue resolution.
What you'll need to succeed
- Support Program and Project Managers in managing assigned projects.
- Foster and maintain relationships with customers, suppliers, and stakeholders.
- Administer customer and supplier contracts.
- Prepare and update project plans, documents, and administration.
- Develop and monitor project schedules, milestones, and deadlines.
- Prepare and update project finance documents and budgets.
- Generate project reports, meetings, and reviews, and manage project communications.
- Identify, analyse, evaluate, mitigate, communicate, and monitor project risks.
- Collect and analyse data to support project planning, monitoring, and execution.
- Support proposals, tenders, negotiations, and contract variations.
The ability to obtain AGSVA clearance level: NV1 along with extensive knowledge and experience in project management areas and process groups. Additionally, you will bring:
What you'll get in return
- Strong resource management, planning, scheduling, and project finance skills.
- Competency in Microsoft applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with project management scheduling tools such as MS Project, Jira, or Open Plan Professional.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a multi-project or complex project environment, preferably within the Defence Industry.
- Desirable: Understanding of export and import control regulations, Defence procurement, and contracting.
- Eligibility for an AIPM accreditation to a minimum Certified Practising Project Practitioner.
- Advanced Diploma/Diploma in Project Management or equivalent technical project-related experience.
Being part of a cutting-edge organisation at the forefront of defence technology innovation, you will have the opportunity to contribute to exciting and diverse projects, collaborating with top professionals in the field. You will be offered a supportive and dynamic work environment that values teamwork, professional development, and work-life balance while making a meaningful impact in the defence industry as a part of shaping the future of technology for national security. What you need to do now
If you are an Australian Citizen eligible for Defence Security Clearance, and you are looking for an opportunity to work in a dynamic and challenging environment that values continuous improvement and professional development, click 'apply now'.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact Andrew Green at Hays on 02 6112 7619 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508