Solutions Architect - ISM
Vanguard Australia has been helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals for over 20 years. Serving institutional and individual clients, and financial advisers, we offer investment solutions that are low-cost, diversified and robust through time.
With more than AUD $6 trillion in assets under management Vanguard is one of the world's largest global investment management companies. In Australia we partner with institutional clients, financial advisers and individual investors to offer low-cost investment solutions. Our comprehensive range of managed funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and tailored investment solutions are built to support long-term investment success for our clients. Our Team & Opportunity
The APAC Intermediary, Sales and Marketing team is responsible for:
- Being the in-region technology team with deep expertise to develop and maintain our APAC public facing websites;
- Partner with our Intermediary channel to deliver sales education and enablement initiatives;
- Crafting a blueprint and program for Marketing Technology help scale our APAC business;
- Deliver data engineering capabilities aligned with our Intermediary client analytics and insights team;
The Solutions Architect will partner with the Intermediary, Sales and Marketing areas to strategically advise how contemporary technologies, education, and process innovation can help them to deliver value, and meet their business goals and obtain their outcomes and key results. With a high level of IT and business acumen specifically the Web and Marketing Technology field.
The Solution Architect will also provide technical leadership to establish and foster a best of breed engineering team for the APAC Intermediary, Sales, and Marketing technology area as well as contributing to the IT International agenda. What you will do
What we are looking for
- Provide architectural leadership in shaping strategic, business technology projects , with an emphasis on application architecture. Utilizes domain knowledge and application portfolio knowledge to play a key role in defining the future state of Intermediary, Sales & Marketing technologies
- Utilize a broad and deep understanding of the competitive landscape and business unit strategies to provide context for architectural decision making.
- Produce technology roadmaps in support of the business application vision and strategy, ensuring application implementation solutions support the business objectives
- Monitor application implementation activity to ensure architecture and design principles are upheld.
- Participate in governance team discussions and provide a strong voice on critical decisions.
- Establishes relationships with senior IT and Business leaders for the purpose of advancing proposed application architecture solutions.
Specializations that'll make an impact
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Experience with designing MarTech solutions is highly desirable
- Ability to create clarity and certainty when there is Architecture ambiguity; communicate to all stakeholders at varying levels within the Organization.
- Ability to weave "Lean", DevOPs concepts into the fabric of our culture.
- Full-Stack development experience - Java, Spring, Angular and DB technologies
- Database skills -Oracle, PostgreSQL and DynamoDB
- Ability to learn and apply the knowledge of Amazon Services: Amazon API Gateway, EC2, ECS, Fargate, SQS, SNS, Lambda, AWS RDS (DynamoDB, Postgres, Aurora), CloudFront, Route 53, Elastic Load Balancing, CloudWatch, CloudTrail
- A deep intellectual curiosity and learning agility; stays on the forefront of business and technology solutions, especially API and microservice design, application security, and Front-End / UI development
- Experience in financial services industry, specifically investment management and/or banking is preferred
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.