Manager Business Analyst
Manager - Business Analyst About Us:
The Customer Remediation Team is a remediation centre of excellence within Retail Banking Services (RBS).
This team is responsible for the management and execution of prioritised remediation activity. Remediation activity can range from simple customer payments to large complex remediation's covering multiple product lines and business units. Your Responsibilities:
Your role will consist of line management and delivery responsibility.
As a line manager, you will be leading a number of Business Analysts across the Remediation function and will be responsible for managing their work performance and development.
You and your team will be responsible for defining Business Requirements which allow the bank to refund customers for any fee or charging error, creating requirements to build control reports to detect future errors and ensuring remediation projects are delivered with quality and timeliness. Key responsibilities include:
The successful applicant will have the following key skills and attributes:
- Owning remediation projects end to end for you and your team
- Perform all required people leader activities including but not limited to supporting team member development, coaching them on their projects and work tasks, and evaluating their performance.
- Defining and managing project timelines, and ensuring delivery in line with milestones.
- Proactively identify and manage issues and risks within the portfolio, and support team members with blockers and escalations.
- Defining and managing signoff for business requirements by analysing the problem, facilitating stakeholder workshops and researching and resolving issues.
- Building strong stakeholder relationships with SMEs, data analysts, test analysts, change managers and operations teams to facilitate successful execution of remediation projects.
- Identifying and delivering on continuous improvement initiatives.
- Driving a culture of engagement and recognition within your team
- Adhering to the Code of Conduct . The Code of Conduct sets the standards of behaviour, actions and decisions we expect from our people.
As a strong practitioner with minimum 3 years' experience in BA or equivalent role, you will have relevant attributes and skills including:
- Demonstrated capability in Business Analysis or Project Management.
- Demonstrated people leadership experience to help mentor and lead business analysts.
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills with proven ability to lead complex projects.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with experience dealing with senior level stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving ability with keen attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly adaptable and motivated, with capability to meet objectives and targets in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Have a curious mindset and be proactive in leading continuous improvement initiatives.
- Risk Mindset -All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If this role sounds of interest to you, please click apply now!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 24/10/2020