Senior Relationship Manager, Local Corporates
- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Arab Banking Corporation
- 22 Mai 19
Drive own and team (if applicable) performance to increase operating income and Risk Adjusted Relationship Returns across a designated area, successfully deepening existing customer business and on boarding New to Bank Customers (NTB) which provide a value add to the current revenue streams. The incumbent is responsible for delivering on a cohesive customer strategy aimed at leveraging existing and new capabilities across the designated core market and sectors by offering a full range of solutions and services to clients.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
The incumbent will proactively originate new, and manage existing, relationships within the Designated Area.
The incumbent will be responsible for establishing:
· Account Strategy: Existing or NTB customer’s global account plan and strategy
· Revenue: will be responsible for the global asset and liability growth, revenue / profitability generated regardless of product or geography booking for the Designated Area
· Credit: will establish, document, monitor and be the custodian of the credit Limits and will be accountable for managing the credit risk for the Designated Area
· Calls: will mark the Existing or NTB customer’s Global HO’s senior management with appropriate ABC management with an appropriate meeting / engagement / calling program.
For the above the incumbent will be recognized holistically for the revenue generated for the bank ensuring that all relationship managers work collaboratively to deliver a true global coverage solution to the customer.
The following four Dimensions of accountability will form the basis for a consistent evaluation of performance for the incumbent
1. Customers / Stakeholders
2. Leadership and Teamwork
3. Operational Effectiveness and Control
Customers / Stakeholders
o Build the Coverage platform value / reputation in the designated area of operation
o Establish a holistic understanding of Client’s needs and deliver customized solutions across all product lines
o Drive own / team performance (if applicable) across the existing and NTB customer portfolio in the designated area
o to deliver sustainable revenue growth
o effectively manage operating expenses
o grow the overall Client base
o increase Client’s share of wallet
o increase overall portfolio
o improve Client RAROC;
- increase operating income based on approved budgets from the portfolio by offering the Bank’s product suite leveraging cross border relationships if required
effectively manage Compliance, Audit and Reputational risk to ensure business continuity
Trusted advisor relationships with key decision maker’s at various levels for the existing or NTB customer’s using own, the teams and the Banks’s various management levels
Originate / Coordinate
originate leads (asset and liability), credit approve, document, monitor and execute in the designated area, the spectrum of Bank’s products and services by drawing on the bank’s product partners across the globe for efficient and tailored delivery
Grow / Cross sell
strong internal relationships with product partners to grow the share of client wallet
Product Knowledge / Mentor
maintain and build own and teams product knowledge of the Bank’s products and services for effective delivery
Leadership and Teamwork
· Understand and disseminate the designated area’s business strategy
· Lead by example
Represent the ABC brand in the designated area enhance the Bank values and reputation in the market place
· Mentor and Coach
team and provide growth and career development
with all colleagues and product partners to achieve the budgets as set out in the Client account plans
Operational Effectiveness and Control
· Understand and disseminate the Banks’ policies in the designated area
· Implement and maintain the Group Compliance Policy locally and regionally
· Be aware of the Operational Risk associated with the role
· Ensure all audit points raised are closed within the agreed time frame
· Call Plan: visit all customers in the portfolio at least 6 times a year with at least 3 visits a year with Coverage Heads ensuring documented call reports being maintained.
Call reports are to be documented with sufficient information for the Middle Office to conduct annual reviews and write new credit applications for the accounts
· Admin: complete all designated area annual reviews, KYC and raise any suspicious Client activity in timely manner
· Monitor: obtain approvals in line with the Bank’s Credit and Risk strategy, closely monitoring and reviewing risk exposures per Credit Policy and Risk Appetite.
· ABC Franchise: develop Bank’s franchise and market reputation, through a professional and ethical conduct in all interactions with clients and other internal and external counterparties, at all levels.
· A/c Early Warning Triggers: maintain high credit and risk management standards – both for Existing and NTB business, including setting and monitoring of appropriate triggers.
· Behavior: maintain effective professional and courteous standards and clear and open communication with all internal and external stakeholders.
Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job):
· Leadership: Drive execution and performance and maintain the motivation of own and the team if any
· Competition: managing the threat of local, regional and international Banks within the product capacity of the Bank
· Connectivity: ensure a Group wide approach to Coverage and Product execution and fully leveraging the geographical and product capabilities of the Bank
· Compliance: Stay up to date with all internal and external factors and their impact on the day to day job requirements and on the Bank as a whole
· Cross Sell: active cross-selling with all Bank ABC products and geographies is required.
One Bank Delivery to Client: Working in coordination with Europe, the Americas and Asia, the incumbent will have the vision, leadership qualities and technical skills, which combined with high energy, drive and determination, contribute significantly to the change agenda to forcefully drive forward the overall success of the Wholesale Banking strategic plan.
· Sound knowledge of Lending, Trade Finance, Cash Management, Treasury, Debt and Capital Markets, Project Finance, Credit Analysis
Education / Certifications
· Graduate, preferably at masters’ level, and / or with 10-15 years of previous Coverage experience
· Proven experience as a senior banker with relationship management experience and skills
· Superior Banking product knowledge, to allow cross-selling of other ABC products
· Strong credit analysis and credit administration skills
· Ability to be flexible and to juggle multiple priorities, including business driven deadlines
· People management skills, providing counselling and guidance to optimize utilization of resources and achieve results, focusing on developing team members to fulfil their potential
· Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity, confidentiality and diplomacy under all circumstances
· Strong computer skills with capability to use spreadsheet, graphic and presentation packages to review and create professional materials
· Developed communication skills to negotiate internally and externally at high levels
· Skilled communicator who influences and negotiates with great latitude on outcomes
· Strong work ethic and business acumen
· Ability to act on own initiative, providing creative solutions
· Excellent organizational skills
· Ability to remain calm and perform well under pressure at all times