Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Our Off-Cycle Internship Programs are paid internships that run for 6 months in Q2 and Q3 2023. It is open to students requiring a 6-month placement as part of their degree or who are interested in gaining an insight into Global Markets. As an intern you will be working with the Cash Equity Sales desk and integrated as a regular member of the group in Frankfurt.
The program offers opportunities to meet with senior managers, colleagues, and peers at all levels across the bank. You will have the opportunity to gain insights into the bank and its culture, to and build a professional network. Key Responsibilities:
- Analysis and development of investment ideas and industry studies
- Support sales by assisting institutional clients
- Support of the Equity Sales Teams with general analysis and research tasks
- Preparation of daily market reports / morning mails
- Development of new investment ideas
- Monitoring of feedback processes and marketing events
- Maintenance of databases
- Assist in the preparation of marketing materials and presentations
- Studying towards, or having completed a Bachelor or Masters in Business / Finance, with strong academic achievement.
- Strong knowledge of the financial market and corporate finance
- Fluent in German and English, both written and spoken.
- Exhibits good organizational skills in the context of managing own activities and supporting those of relevant teams.
- Accepts feedback and learning opportunities.
- Fully complies with the bank's code of conduct and all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
- Is diligent, disciplined and organized in her/his work: meets deadlines, strives for high quality.
- Is responsive to clients' needs and colleagues' requests. Communicates clearly and uses concise explanations.
- Assumes accountability for tasks and results.
- Is an engaged team member with a positive attitude towards team work.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.