PLACEMENT AND DURATION
During the two-year program, Analysts work on a variety of corporate transactions and have significant responsibility. The work is challenging, and Analysts are encouraged to be an integral part of coverage and project teams and dig into financial statements and think creatively. Our lean deal team structure allows Analysts to work closely with senior officers on a variety of projects. Analysts will attend and be active participants in client meetings.
The Investment Banking Analyst Program begins in the summer with seven to eight weeks of intensive classroom training in London. This includes business presentations, practical sessions and the opportunity to exchange ideas and learn from your peers. You will join Analysts from Global Capital Markets, Sales & Trading, Research and Investment Management in the combined Institutional Securities Induction Program, followed by specific investment banking training. This covers accounting, valuation, advanced modelling, Morgan Stanley's proprietary analytical tools, information technology and financial products. You will then undertake regulatory training and exams. At the end of training, Analysts will be able to understand financial concepts, build a dynamic model and have a strong understanding of the Morgan Stanley culture.
- Gathering and synthesising financial and operating information about companies, industries and governments.
- Creating financial models.
- Gathering market data to analyse trends and help value companies and price transactions.
- Drafting presentations and memoranda for a wider audience within the Firm and the financial services industry.
- Attending team discussions and client meetings, where you may be asked to deliver parts of a presentation.
- You have strong analytical and numerical skills that put you at ease with financial data.
- You are results-driven, perform well under pressure and against tight deadlines.
- You are a team player with the ability to manage a wide range of responsibilities.
- You have an excellent academic background and fluency in English; the ability to communicate effectively in multiple languages is an advantage.
- You articulate complex ideas simply and summarise them effectively.
- You are committed to excellence in your work and maintain high professional and ethical standards.
*Salary is competitive with excellent benefits