Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC) is a top-tier Japanese bank, which maintains relationships with over 100,000 companies in Japan. The history of the Sumitomo and Mitsui companies dates back more than four centuries, and both were founded as banks in the nineteenth century. SMBC’s predecessor, Mitsui Bank was founded in July 1876 in Tokyo, and Sumitomo Bank in 1895 in Osaka.
SMBC was established in 2001 following the merger of Sumitomo and Sakura banks. It has relationships with more than 100,000 companies in Japan as well as a strong and growing international network. The Bank offers a broad range of wholesale banking products including corporate, structured and trade finance, leveraged finance, loan market and treasury products. Through SMFG group companies it also provides a range of capital markets, securities and leasing products, thereby providing a strong portfolio of global financial services.
SMBC has a network of 19 offices across the EMEA region, with over 1,500 colleagues and temporary workers. SMFG as a whole in EMEA increases this total to more than 1,800. This headcount is expected to grow.
For a minimum 3 months duration (starting 01/2023) we offer the position of an Intern Leveraged Finance (m/w/d)
- Work as part of a deal team to support analysis of potential new transactions and structuring of new debt facilities for prospect companies
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of detailed credit applications, including analysing financial statements and reviewing due diligence packages
- Prepare marketing materials and client pitches
- Liaise with SMBC teams in Germany and London to ensure seamless deal execution and assure credit files comply with the Bank’s policies and procedures
- Support the team in actively managing a portfolio of leveraged loans, including the preparation and presentation of the periodic reviews
- Assist Management in the preparation of various 'ad hoc' reports relating to the Bank's strategy and focus
- Strong academic background from a top-tier school in related major, business or finance
- Clear interest in leveraged finance and preferably first experience in corporate finance
- Team player with an entrepreneurial and inquisitive mind-set and able to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving ability and keen attention to detail
- Professional level/fluency in German and English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
How to apply
If you are interested, we look forward to receiving your full application documents. Please also indicate your availability.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.