Quantitative Finance, Off-cycle Analyst Paris, France Programme Overview & Job Description
This off-cycle internship offers a placement in a quantitative role within Bank of America, between the dates of January to August 2023. In your role you will contribute directly to the firm by helping us serve our clients and manage risk. You will be working within one of our trading businesses on active projects in the fast-paced environment of the trading floor. Placements will be made within our business integrated teams based on their needs and the interests/skills of the candidate.
Our off-cycle internship program is designed to offer you an insight into working in an exciting and fast paced trading environment and allow you to gain experience of the vital role quantitative skills play within the bank. Your training and development is our top priority with on the job support, educational speaker events and mentorship throughout.
As an off-cycle Intern, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Creating pricing and valuation models to understand and manage the risks of complex derivative products.
- Applying advanced statistical and data science techniques to analyze market dynamics and client behaviour.
- Developing models and strategies that the business use to make trading decisions.
- Studying, implementing, and improving electronic trading algorithms.
- Building tools to improve the efficiency and profitability of the trading business.
- Analysing and managing the risks of the array of financial instruments the firm manages.
- Quantitative skills with Masters/PhD in a quantitative subject (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Econometrics, Engineering, Computer Science, Quantitative Finance) with an expected graduation date between January 2023 and December 2024.
- An understanding of Programming (preferably in an object-oriented language such as Python, C++, C# or Java)
- Expertise in relevant technical areas which could include statistical/data analysis, probability theory, numerical analysis, optimization techniques, machine learning, high performance numerical computing, compilers and programming languages, Monte Carlo simulation.
- Great communication skills with an ability to convey complex ideas clearly to a diverse audience in both spoken and written form. Fluency in English is essential.
- A desire and ability to collaborate across large and diverse teams, putting results ahead of individual recognition.
- You'll need to demonstrate drive, innovation and a genuine interest in the financial markets
The worlds of sustainable finance, workplace culture and technology are evolving fast. Together we can shape them to be smarter, greener, safer and more inclusive.
At Bank of America, we care deeply about our planet and the people on it. That's why each year we provide billions of dollars in financing for sustainable business activities. We develop emerging technology to help organizations gain funding more safely, rapidly and globally than ever.
Join us and we'll help you shape your own world through opportunities to learn, grow and belong. You'll work in collaborative global teams with mentorship programmes, employee networks and events to build friendships and support.
As a valued member of our team with responsibilities from day one, we'll ask that you take the time to understand our Code of Conduct and how we manage risk.
We need all kinds of people, perspectives and skills, so if you're as passionate as we are about making the world better, this could be the opportunity for you. Our recruitment process
Analyst internship and full-time recruiting takes place on a rolling basis once our applications are open. Assessments often begin before the deadline, so it's best to submit your application early as this will give you the best chance of being considered for the role.
We care deeply about shaping the world of work to be an equal and inclusive one - and that starts with our recruitment process. We know just how important and valuable it is to have a wide range of skills, backgrounds and experiences shaping our work and ideas. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we're proud to focus on attracting, retaining and developing diverse talent within Bank of America. Together, we aim to mirror the customers, clients and communities we serve. What if I need workplace adjustments?
We're committed to ensuring our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. If you need a workplace adjustment to search for a job opening, need help completing your application or video interview, please email email@example.com and let us know. We'll get back to you within two business days. We offer a competitive Salary and Benefits package