CGME Independent Risk Management, headquartered in Frankfurt, acts as the second line of defense for the holistic management of risk across all business lines and locations of CGME. Within Independent Risk Management the Treasury Risk team is responsible for the oversight and monitoring of treasury risk activities in CGME. The team is also in charge of ensuring that Citi stays within the appropriate Risk Appetite levels of Liquidity, Interest Rate, and Investments Risks. TRM is a part of the Independent Risk Management organization as second line and provides effective and credible challenge to Treasury. Role Responsibilities:
- Fronting senior regulators on key legal entity related asset-liability management matters to ensure responsible risk taking in line with internal risk appetite standards and global capital adequacy requirements
- Establishing professional relationships with relevant regulatory bodies and represents Citi on critical regulatory matters as required. Serves as liaison with regulatory examiners, Internal Audit, and external auditors on critical Risk issues and oversees the implementation of related remediation.
- Escalate any issues, with appropriate suggested mitigations, to CGME's CRO without delay.
- Conduct analysis and provide challenge and oversight of treasury risk components of ICAAP/ILAAP, Risk Appetite Statements, Stress Testing and other ad-hoc regulatory or legal entity governance projects drawing in appropriate regional/global market risk resources as required
- Participating with voting rights in senior governance forums such as respective entity ALCO
Interest Rate Risk
- Work with Corporate Treasury to complete the annual Liquidity assessments and manage the supporting documentation.
- Coordinate the annual assessments presentation and discuss the reviews with the regional/global teams.
- Review the Liquidity & Funding Plans and the Contingency Funding Plans.
- Participate in the reviews of Liquidity modeling assumptions and New Product proposals.
- Review the Cash Flow projections, Intraday Liquidity and Collateral monitoring for effectiveness of controls.
- Review Treasury Risk reports, exposures, limits and escalate any issues identified.
Treasury Risk Controls
- Review the Transfer Pricing process, residual risk and New Products proposals.
- Oversight of Funds Transfer Pricing process.
- Monitor benchmark IRRBB metrics (IRE and EVS).
- Work in the assessment of Interest Rate Risk.
- Coordinate the design, test and update of the regional TRM controls.
- Gather and review the evidences tested.
- Review and update the matrix with the new regulatory requirements, new activities and process improvements.
Qualifications & Experience:
- The successful candidate will support the creation of the franchise's framework for the management of treasury risk. As such, the role will entail top-level exposure across all businesses operating on Citi's new EU investment firm.
- Significant scope for improving processes and practices
- Significant interaction with senior management and regulators. Breadth of role will provide significant business and personal development opportunities
- Unique opportunity to be part of the inception of a new business structure in a key strategic area for Citi
- Initiating short / long term business strategies overseeing recommendations through implementation
Skills & Competencies:
- Degree in Quantitative or Financial discipline
- Postgraduate degree in a quantitative or financial discipline would be preferred
- Solid relevant experience within risk management, treasury or support functions with exposure to balance sheet, financial products, financial/risk analysis
- General understanding of treasury products - securities, derivatives, and a broad mix of underlying asset classes
- Knowledge of ALM, Market risk/IRRBB/liquidity models and regulatory framework will be an advantage
- Prior work experience in the material entities and or regional markets
- Fluent in written and spoken English, German desirable
- Authority to command attention with Treasury and enforce risk decisions in a relevant manner but in a way, which also meets Citi's risk related policies .
- Interaction with auditors / regulators and understanding of applicable best practice guidelines and regulations .
- Up-to-date working knowledge of regulatory requirements and change, specifically those from Basel and European regulatory authorities (desirable)
- Subject Matter Expert in Asset-Liability Management, Financial Instruments, Risk Metrics and Risk Management
- Expert Analytical, Technical and Quantitative skills
- Expert knowledge of Treasury, Market Risk, Liquidity management and Derivative products
- Ability to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level using sound judgment and successful execution, understanding how to operate effectively across diverse businesses
- Business acumen and also an effective communicator - both orally and in writing with an energetic and approachable style
- Executive presence and a reputation for building effective relationships with stakeholders
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel/VBA, Word, PowerPoint) and SQL
- Project management skills
- Ability to work in groups and flexibility in addressing several tasks simultaneously, to negotiate and resolve conflicts
- Team player with proven ability to drive changes
- Highly developed presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Self-driven and finds it natural to take initiative and set agenda
- Strong tenacity and resilience
- Highly motivated, attention to detail and organized.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job related duties may be assigned as required.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
------------------------------------------------- Job Family Group:
Risk Management ------------------------------------------------- Job Family:
Treasury Risk ------------------------------------------------------ Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting