Manager, Strategy & Corporate Development (Hong Kong Team)
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia, and has a representative office in Shanghai, China. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
Established in Asia in 2013, FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 530,560+ customers with over 830+ staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. Role Overview
The Strategy and Corporate Development team is responsible for developing and overseeing the delivery of strategic initiatives across local BU. The team also works with senior stakeholders across different business units and functions to formulate strategic business plans.
The primary purpose of this position is to work hand-in-hand with internal and external parties across a spectrum of projects, including partnerships, strategic investment and/or other inorganic initiatives . You will establish and maintain strong relationship both internally and externally to meet your business goals. This position presents a unique opportunity for an independent, commercial and analytical candidate who are passionate about insurance business and working for one of the fastest growing companies in the region. The Job
- Assist in the overall execution of strategic projects including partnerships, strategic investment and/or other inorganic initiatives for FWD Hong Kong
- Deliver ad hoc research and analysis as required
- Monitor market development and competitor intelligence to facilitate senior management's decision making
- Provide oversight and supervision on KPIs across all internal functions
- Screen and assess any strategic initiatives relevant for business growth and provide both financial and non-financial assessment
- Prepare internal and external deliverables, financial modelling and analysis and present to senior management
- Coordinate annual business plan process and drive the deliverables
- Liaison between different business units, including both local teams and group office
- Motivate and coach more junior team members
- Bachelor degree holder in Finance / Actuarial/ Economics / Business Administration or related disciplines
- At least 5 years of experience from insurance companies or in a strategy, consulting or business development type role
- Ambitious and highly motivated self-starter
- Strategic mindset with strong analytical skills
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skill and able to promote collaborative team environment
- Strong project management and execution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.