Bloomberg DMS delivers the world's foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service. What's the role?
We are looking for a systems engineer to join our infrastructure team, to help build, support and improve our infrastructure. We're currently building the next generation of this infrastructure, including improvements to our tools, components, and procedures - and are looking for someone to be a part of a team to help us mature and establish a standard of excellence Bloomberg customers have come to expect What will you be doing?
What would we like you to have?
- Contribute to the design, build and on-going support of Server and Storage Infrastructure
- Contribute to best-in-class reliability of critical infrastructure components
- Contribute to best-in-class Server and Storage security
- Support the build of Infrastructure monitoring framework
- Contribute to the design and implementation of infrastructure support procedures
- Support the on-going automation of infrastructure build and management process
- Help build the customer support model and service ethic that delivers best in class support to all internal and external clients
- Monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshoot systems problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, patching, collaborating with Software Engineers & Architects on optimisation
- Develop and publish updates on resolutions and communicate findings internally
- Provide technical leadership in core skills areas
- Strong hands on experience of Linux Systems (Red Hat / CentOS / Fedora)
- Scripting skills with Python and Bash
- Knowledge of enterprise storage systems
- Monitoring infrastructure familiarity
- Icinga, Nessus, ELK Stack etc.
- Understanding of basic networking
- TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LAN, WAN
- Exposure to automation platforms
- (Ansible, Terraform, etc.)
Why Bloomberg DMS?
- Approachable, constructive, professional, willing to help
- Self-starter, problem-solver
- Take initiative to improve infrastructure components where require
- Collaborative approach, ability to work in a team and share/exploit team member skills
At Bloomberg DMS, You will have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and what to help us achieve our mission to "Simplify Data Management". If this sound like you we'd love to hear from you! What is Bloomberg? See for yourself!
http://www.bloomberg.com/careers/blog/what-is-bloomberg Our benefits are not bad either!
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Health insurance for you and your dependents
- Life Assurance
- Disability Assurance
- Paid parental leave (4 weeks)
- Tax saver scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Bicycle storage and Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- Discounts on Bloomberg sponsored events
- Fun events for employees, friends & family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.