Undergraduate Consultant Intern - Cognizant Consulting (Canada)
While the interview process for this role will not commence until late 2022, we are accepting applications at this time. Our team will be in touch with those candidates who pass the initial screening assessment.
Cognizant Consulting is a high performance division within Cognizant that engages with client-side executive stakeholders to help them understand and navigate their most pressing opportunities and challenges. Consulting practitioners are instrumental to our company's efforts to both acquire new client systems and expand our footprint among these.
As an undergraduate consultant intern, you will play an important role as part of a project-based team. Responsibilities include facilitating requirements analyses, analyzing clients' issues and their impact on their ability to deliver on their overall strategic intent and performance objectives, interviewing market stakeholders, developing recommendations, and authoring presentation modules. Work scope usually focuses at the intersection of business and technology, with a focus on crystallizing pragmatic innovation in order to generate improved financial, market and operational value creation.
Interns enrich their consulting skills set, develop strong working relationships with more experienced practitioners, and build industry and domain expertise. During their tenures, they have an opportunity to participate across a variety of strategic advisory and transformational focused engagements.
- Develop relevant industry, domain and technology knowledge \t
- Evaluate market / industry trends and competitive dynamics \t
- Collect and analyze client data \t
- Codify read-outs and synthesize themes from client and other stakeholder conversations \t
- Derive client-contextualized observations and diagnostics \t
- Aid the development of recommendations \t
- Support production of deliverables to high standards \t
- Employ company accelerators and methodologies \t
- Help in project management efforts \t
- Advance Cognizant go to market initiatives
- Current enrolment a Bachelors degree program, with a major in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, with a graduation date in December 2023 or Spring / Summer 2024 \t
- Strong interest in the intersection of business and technology, as well as digital modernization \t
- Demonstrated ability to grasp business issues and potential impacts to complex business operations and systems \t
- Capacity to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment \t
- Solid Microsoft Office skills covering Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, and Project \t
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to client service excellence \t
- Excellent written and verbal communication \t
- Affinity for teamwork and self-leadership \t
- Ability to work as part of a cross-cultural team including flexibility to support multiple time zones when necessary \t
- Self-motivated \t
- Bilingualism in French and English (for Quebec-based candidates)
New hires will be deployed to Cognizant offices in either Toronto, Ontario
or Montreal, Quebec
(per agreement) where you will work alongside experienced Cognizant Consulting associates, including managers and leaders. Applicants must be willing to relocate to either one of these geographic areas for the duration of their internship.
Internships will initiate in June 2023
and last for 10 weeks.
Business unit description
Cognizant Consulting is a global consulting organization delivering industry strategy and transversal capability consulting. Globally, the group consists of 5,500 experienced practitioners and continues to grow at an outstanding pace. In the wake of ever-increasing potential linked to digital transformation, our consultants leverage Cognizant's strong technology DNA to take a fresh look at our clients' strategies, business models, services and product portfolios, and operations.
Our consultants juxtapose our clients' aspirations with the 'art of the possible' to enable the broader Cognizant team to deliver on the future state. The Consulting group also leverages our learning from project execution to drive the company's thought leadership efforts.
We serve the following industry sectors:
- Banking & Financial Services \t
- Communications, Media & Technology \t
- Healthcare \t
- Insurance \t
- Life Sciences \t
- Manufacturing, Logistics, Energy & Utilities \t
- Retail, Consumer Goods, Travel & Hospitality
Value-add is brought to clients through the following capabilities architecture:
- Industry strategy \t
- Technology modernization \t
- Enterprise processes \t
- Transformation enablement
Why choose us?
Cognizant delivers solutions that draw upon the full power and scale of our family of associates. You will be supported by high-caliber experts, managers and leaders, employing leading edge frameworks and methods. Your internship will provide unique insight into the consulting industry and its functioning. Our associates' diverse backgrounds afford a variety of perspectives and fuel a richness in thinking and problem solving. We encourage lively discussion and inputs from all team members, engendering optimal results for our clients.
If you are comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel via a combination of autonomy and teamwork, we would love to hear from you.
Cognizant will only consider applicants for this position who are legally authorized to work in Canada without requiring company sponsorship now or at any time in the future.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Aug 08 2022
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.