About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. About The Global Fund Services (GFS) Rotational Development Programme (RDP):
The Northern Trust Global Fund Services (GFS) Rotational Development Programme (RDP) is designed to develop the technical skills, business acumen, and leadership abilities of new or recent graduates.
During the programme, participants will have the opportunity to perform meaningful assignments in various rotations while gaining a broader perspective, along with exposure to leadership of the different departments in their chosen career track. Rotations are determined based on the business need as well as the RDP member's career interests, goals, and skills.
After successfully completing the programme, qualified Associates will be placed into a role in Luxembourg that best leverages the experiences gained throughout their rotations within GFS and meets their career interests. Qualifications - External RDP Support and Development:
The programme provides participants with dedicated ongoing support and professional development opportunities that include:
Members of Northern Trust's GFS Rotational Development Programme possess the following:
- Programme Mentor
- Monthly Speaker Series
- Learning & Development Sessions
- Career Development Opportunities
- Comprehensive Orientation
- Social Events
- Access to RDP Alumni Network
- Bachelor degree and up to 3 years relevant work experience upon application
- Previous internships or related work experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills
- Adaptability and ability to learn quickly in high-pressure environments
- Leadership, teamwork and client servicing ability
- Candidate should demonstrate motivation and determination to succeed
- A well-rounded character, appreciating diversity and valuing inclusion
- Knowledge and interest in Northern Trust and the financial services industry
Participants will have the opportunity to rotate through different departments within Global Fund
Servicing. Throughout the program, participants are given opportunities for professional skills development, the ability to attend a series of meetings and mentoring sessions with senior managers, and the ability to work together on various program related activities as a class. At the end of the program, the goal is for trainees to be placed into a final role in Luxembourg that enables them to fully utilize the experience gained through their rotations within GFS furthering their contributions to the organization. Examples of potential responsibilities (note: work will vary by rotation and business need):
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the industry and Northern Trust, in particular Northern Trust's systems, infrastructure and process data flows
- Provide assistance to the team in execution of daily operational activities.
- Ensure accuracy and timings are consistently achieved within the team and when not achieved actively pursue a solution.
- Focus on the resolution of complex issues, where expertise is required to interpret policies, guidelines and/or processes.
•Bachelor Degree and Up to 3 years post-graduate relevant work experience upon application
•Strong oral and written communication skills
•Analytical approach to problem solving
•Ability to be highly adaptable in new environments
•Flexibility and mobility, as travel may be required
•A global mindset Recommended Attributes:
•Able to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines
•Interest in financial markets
•Ability to adapt to new systems and environments
•Strong communication and presentation skills Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation:
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
- Campus : New Grad
- Campus Cycle: 2022-23