Servers Operating Systems Engineers
Role purpose :
The Servers Operating Systems Engineers will support, maintain and improve the EIB server infrastructure at Operating System level. Engineers will work to drive automation and good practice to improve consistency and enhance the customer experience.
Engineers are expected to have a strong focus on system engineering, and the ability to deliver value. The Service Provider's engineers shall have expertise in Microsoft Windows Server 2016, Linux OS and Unix systems respectively.
The team of Servers Operating Systems Engineers shall collectively possess all of the technical skills described below, i.e. each of the technical skills listed below shall be covered at least by one (1) re-source proposed for this profile.
The non-exhaustive list of job responsibilities as well as technical and specific skills / experience is shown below. Job responsibilities :
Technical and specific skills / Experience :
- Provide subject matter expertise in operating systems engineering;
- Provide advanced technical support and serve as an escalation point for IT incidents and ser-vice requests, including with third parties (e.g. manufacturer or vendor) as necessary;
- Participate in the development of systems standards, policies and procedures;
- Design, program and modify scripts (in various scripting languages) as necessary;
- Document engineering work, incident resolution and recurring incidents; creating technical analysis, performance, and enhancement reports;
- Lead project teams and acting as a resource for other team members;
- Plan, implement and carry out maintenance consisting of upgrades/updates/fixes for core operating systems and their related components, following industry good practices;
- Ensure performance and reliability by monitoring systems for high availability, load balancing, and satisfactory response times;
- Work with other information technology professionals to resolve performance issues and optimise performance.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016;
- Experience as engineering support for enterprise-level configuration management;
- Experience using Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2012 (SCOM) and previous versions;
- Knowledge of LDAP protocol and systems;
- Experience managing NFS/CIFS or SMB;
- Experience with automation and scripting using PowerShell, Ansible, Python, Java, etc.;
- At least one of the following vendor domain certifications: Microsoft MCSE or Red Hat Certi-fied Engineer (RHCE).