Administrator, Market Settlements LUX (Contract)
What is the opportunity?
RBC Investor & Treasury Services Malaysia is a processing center of operational excellence supporting 10 countries across three geographical time zones. Malaysia is one of two operational processing hubs that supports Custody - Transaction Management; Settlements; NAV Production; Fund Reporting; Shareholder Services; Global Fund Platform Services; Data Service Delivery; Entitlements - income and corporate actions and Reconciliations. The country employs a Global Operating Model to maximise efficiencies across times zones and supports a 24/5 operational capability. The objectives for Malaysia are to enhance the scalability of our global operations, improve service quality via our 'centres of excellence' and to implement/leverage standard processes globally.
Reporting to the Manager, you will be responsible for the pre-matching and settlement of trades within Market Settlements and to deal with any query investigation relating to these markets. This role will also be involved in Network 2.0 Project which requires the individual to be part of the project team, planning, coordinating and executing major migrations of RBC I&TS custodians on the market. You will be assigned to Market Settlements team, and handles the migration following respective team's mandate.
The role is supporting Luxembourg region with working hours between 4:00PM and 1:00AM. Flexibility is required according to business needs. What will you do? Market Settlements
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Ensure accuracy of processing is in accordance to RBC I&TS expectation, ensure outstanding items, cash and stock recs, are investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible to provide resolution on queries for Trade Settlement, as well as to ensure completion of failed trade report.
- Adhere to risk factors and seek ways to mitigate risk of potential buy-in on trades.
- Providing a constant focus on process improvement opportunities.
- Provide coaching to other team members to ensure cross-training of all aspects of Settlements in order to ensure team efficiency.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Systems literacy, ability to adapt to working across multiple systems.
- Knowledge of different investment instrument types.
What's in it for you?
- Previous experience of working in the settlements environment of a financial institution (Custodian, Investment Bank etc).
- Flexibility in working hours is required to manage surge of volumes.
- Motivated, flexible, able to be part of a team.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded