• Support Corporate Baking Relationship Managers in credit applications requests for corporate credit extension for new and existing clients with ownership responsibilities for sound credit decisions and compliance with internal procedures/ credit risk policy guidelines and standards.
• Prepare a detailed written credit application by analysing the business, interpreting the finance need, identifying the strengths and prevailing risk factors and rendering a final credit decision. To ensure proper submission of credit papers, procure Head Office's approval, implement approval's condition/instructions and follow-up with related matters wherever necessary.
• Provide thorough quantitative and qualitative analysis, including industry and financial trend analysis, ratio analysis, and other due diligence as needed, comments and recommendation on credit applications.
• Maintain a good understanding of SMBC products and services for holistic credit articulation.
• Comply with SMBC credit policies/ practices and regulatory policies, to ensure business unit is adherence to the above and receives satisfactory rating from internal and external auditors.
• Assist in liaising with external legal counsel/agent banks/ clients for documentation/Central Bank's approval, if any.
• Extend support to Relationship Managers in operational matter including but not limited to drawdown/ rollover/ payment processes, where applicable according to the approved credit terms.
• Other duties as required to support business unit and company goals.
• A recognised Bachelor’s degree
• Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply as training will be provided
• Ability to write credit proposals and analyze financial and cash flow statements, exposure to compliance/ KYC related checking will be added advantage
• Good IT literacy (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Strong analytical skills, detailed-oriented.
• Good command of English in both spoken and written communication
• Pro-active disposition with ability to work as a team player with good interpersonal skills