Legal, Digital Finance, Analyst/Associate, Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The EMEA Digital Finance Legal group based in London and Warsaw provides legal support to Goldman Sachs International, Goldman Sachs International Bank and other affiliates (the "firm"), in particular we advise the firm in its (i) digital financing operations and activities, investment and funding products and services, including retail and institutional deposit taking, (ii) expansion of its digital banking products and services, including Marcus by Goldman Sachs and transaction banking and (iii) implementation of new regulations and regulatory initiatives, for example with respect to new and revised consumer laws, laws governing payments and credit, investor protection and product governance.
The team are seeking an Analyst or junior Associate to join the firm's EMEA Digital Finance Legal group based in Warsaw. The role has varied scope and responsibilities which include the following.
- Analyze and advise on operational and consumer matters relating to consumer finance businesses, including to address the applicable regulatory requirements and risks associated with deposit taking and other digitally offered consumer financial products;
- Providing support for operations, business governance, new product development and implementation, vendor oversight and vendor governance, terms, customer servicing and communications;
- Advising on marketing, operations resiliency and related risks, technology and operations incidents, regulatory notifications and complaints and FOS proceedings,
- Liaise and coordinate with other relevant groups throughout the firm, including consumer & privacy compliance, controllers (including regulatory controllers), trading, product origination, marketing, operations, business and organizational leadership and tax; and
- Have responsibility for relationships with multiple external counsels and multiple internal stakeholders.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience within banking, finance or consumer products or some post-qualification experience in an EU law firm or financial institution's legal department;
- The ideal candidate will have some experience and expertise in online banking platforms and services, payments and other consumer and retail investor products and platforms;
- Experience in dealing with cross-border analysis and transactions;
- Strong analytical and organizational (including project management) skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the proven desire to work on a high-performing team;
- Strong team player - one who is able to prioritize in! a fast moving, constantly changing environment;
- Highly motivated and adaptable with the ability to work in a diverse organization;
- Accurate and detail-oriented with sound judgment and integrity.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity