Azure Cloud Engineer / Ingenieur
As one of the top suppliers to our client, a prestigious bank in Basel, Swisslinx are looking for a highly motivated and technology savvy Lead Azure Cloud Engineer to help design and implement a flexible Azure cloud infrastructure.
This is a rolling 6-12 month contract (with possibility to extend for up to five years) role in Basel, Switzerland, initially running for six months.
Joining a highly professional and motivated team of 3 based in Switzerland and Singapore you would support the solution design and implementation for Azure cloud. Helping build out the infrastructure, you would work on a number of Azure projects to expand the core building blocks as part of a strategy to establish different hubs worldwide as well as develop the cloud environment internally.
• Support projects across all innovation centres from early stage to early & effective implementation phases, designing and monitoring technical solutions
• Work closely with the project teams and support and contribute to the solution design and implementation in the projects in the Azure cloud
• Provide second and third-level support to the Innovation Hub project teams including Azure IaaS and PaaS services.
• Optimize operations through automation, configuration as code, and through strong partnership with developers and security.
• Liaise with internal units to design and implement a flexible foundational Azure cloud infrastructure for the global hub
• Deliver Azure services such as Active Directory, Conditional Access, VNets, Subnets, Firewalls, Gateways, Sentinel, and Security Centre with modern IT concepts as Automation, Infrastructure and Configuration as Code.
This is a unique chance to work in a highly collaborative environment on a project with a far reaching impact on the bank and support the bank in shaping its approach to the adoption of crypto currency and block chain topics for the future.
In order to be considered for this role, you have a hands on mind-set as well as the ability to look at the bigger picture. You will possess the following skills and experience:
• Experience designing architecture solutions in Azure
• 5+ years of experience with Azure (specifically with Iaas and Paas)
• Proven experience in software development / engineering with programming languages such as Java, C#, Scala or Kotlin
• 5+ years of experience with DevOps and used to work with DevOps technologies stack (specifically with Azure DevOps / Terraform / PowerShell)
• 2 to 3 years of experience with Microservices architecture / container technologies
• Experience with configuration management practices and technologies and leveraging orchestration to ensure configuration consistency.
• Fluency in English (additional languages a plus)
The following are nice to have:
• Experience with Azure security services
• Knowledge / experience with Microsoft Azure AD (Active Directory), Azure Resource Management, Azure Subscriptions
• Knowledge of scripting languages and common automation frameworks (Bash / Python/ Ansible)
Please note due to COVID interviews would be conducted remotely, however the role is based 100% in Switzerland. The team is currently working for home during the pandemic and 2-3 days home office will be offered post COVID.
Are you interested to work in an international environment in one of the leading financial companies in Switzerland? Then apply now! We look forward to receiving your full application.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA