Google Apigee Engineer / Ingenieur
As one of the top suppliers to our client, a prestigious bank in Basel, Swisslinx are looking for a highly motivated and technology savvy Google Apigee Engineer to help
drive the API and integration strategy as part of an ongoing digital transformation program.
This is a rolling contract (with possibility to extend for up to five years) role in Basel, Switzerland, initially running for 12 months, starting ASAP.
Joining a highly professional and motivated team of 10 data analytics specialists you would be mainly responsible for design, implementation and support of the API Management ecosystem using Google Apigee.
In addition, this role offers opportunity to work on modern data integration and processing technologies such as open-source Hadoop technologies, Kafka and Nifi.
• Implement API management platform using Google Apigee to include API proxies, mashups, rate limiting, security, analytics and developer portals
• Support business lines to define the functional and technical API roadmap, contribute in implementation of business API strategy, API development methodology and API configuration
• Assist technical developers and solution architects in understanding and adopting the API roadmap, strategy and solutions, and contribute to evolution from SOA to APIs and in building APIs
• Provide operational support for Bank's data integration and data analytical platform such as Kafka, Cloudera Big Data Platform and other data integration pipeline managed by ITS and other business areas
• Analytics - generation of custom reports on platform health and enable integration with external tools like Splunk
• Work with platform and product teams to help, design and build technical solutions to address integration issues
• Cleary communicate risks, issues, challenges and status on platform health and applicability
• Involve in setting-up and managing DevOps pipelines for data platforms including Kafka and Big Data environments
This is a unique chance to work in a highly collaborative environment on a project with a far reaching impact on the bank and support the bank in shaping its approach to the challenges faced by banks in the future.
In order to be considered for this role, you have minimum 5 years' experience, have a hands on mind-set and will possess the as many of the following skills and experience:
• Experience with build and deployment methodologies using Google Apigee (gateway functionality in particular), and familiarization with API Edge and Developer Portal functions
• Strong knowledge of Apigee architecture and configurations to achieve resiliency, scalability and high-availability of the Bank's API management platform
• Strong knowledge of authentication and security technologies such as SAML, OAuth2, TLS, multi-factor authentication, HSM integration etc.
• Fluency in English (additional languages a plus)
The following are nice to have:
• Strong knowledge of queue based integration technologies such as IBM WebSphere MQ and Kafka.
• Strong understanding of API gateway, API protocols, API management console and API Documentation creation and deployment
• Knowledge on service mesh technology, service registry, throttling techniques, security setup and API design best practices (e.g. Swagger, Microservices etc)
• Solid understanding of HTTP specification, REST, JSON and XML
• Experience in operating big data technologies and services such as Cloudera and Hortonworks data platform, Hadoop family technologies, Kafka, Spark etc - would be an advantage
• Familiarity with Linux (RHEL/CentOS), shell scripting and infrastructure-as-code implementation (IaaC) using Ansible
• Experience in the banking industry
Please note due to COVID interviews would be conducted remotely, however the role is based 100% in Switzerland. The team is currently working for home during the pandemic and 2-3 days home office will be offered post COVID.
Are you interested to work in an international environment in one of the leading financial companies in Switzerland? Then apply now! We look forward to receiving your full application.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA