Palo Alto Firewall Engineer / Ingenieur
As one of the premier suppliers to our international banking client in Basel, Swisslinx are looking for an experienced Firewall Engineer with in depth Palo Alto knowhow and broad operational experience and experience of the latest networking technologies.
This is a rolling contract start ASAP for six months with option to extend up to five years.
In this far-reaching role you work with a group of 6 networking and firewall enthusiasts from all over the globe working on a number of high-profile initiatives for our client, such as the integration of Palo Alto with CISCO ACI and future micro segmentation.
Within a highly collaborative team of five engineers, who are responsible for ensure the support and maintenance of business-critical networks through both service provider management and third-level support as required you will have the following responsibilities:
- Implementation and maintenance of core networking and infrastructure application technologies, ensuring optimal secure environment availability.
- Support and maintenance of network infrastructures and their dependencies, through the application of industry best practices with an emphasis on Palo Alto technologies e.g. Pan OS 10
- Willingness to work outside normal working hours during service windows and to provide on-call cover for evenings and weekends (one week in every six)
As the suitable candidate, you would have a solid background carrying out operational/maintenance tasks and possess as many of the following skills:
- Proven track record as a Network, Security or Firewall Engineer (5+ years experience) in an enterprise environment
- Strong knowhow of next gen Palo Alto features and Palo Alto Networks Platform capabilities, including User ID, Vulnerability Protection, App ID, Global Protect etc
- Experience with various networking technologies, ideally CISCO
- Broad understanding of ITIL fundamentals and their application in a business environment
- Excellent command of English
- You have a high customer orientation and enjoy working in a team
The following skills are nice to have:
- Big IP F5 load balancing experience nice
- Strong CISCO product knowledge, especially with Cisco ACI and Cisco ISE - 802.1x
- Experience in developing and implementing zone concepts using automation tools such as Ansible
Please note due to COVID interviews would be conducted remotely, however the role is based 100% in Switzerland (our client offers a WFH during the pandemic and post pandemic 2-3 days WFH).
Are you interested to work in an international environment in one of the leading companies in Switzerland? Then apply now! We look forward to receiving your full application.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA