As one of the premier suppliers to our international banking client in Basel, Swisslinx are looking for a junior to mid level SOC Analyst with around 3 years experience to work in a small and highly experienced Security Operations Team on a contract basis starting ASAP.
This is a rolling six month contract with option to extend up to five years.
Working in a small team of two experienced cyber security enthusiasts in a multicultural setting, your responsibilities will be running incidents cases and security alerts and include the following:
• Information security operations, incident response, and intrusion/event analysis
• Provide mainly Tier 1 and Tier 2 SOC support
• Dedicated monitoring and analysis of cyber security events (Triage)
• Incident Response generation and reporting.
• Processing of incident communications to include initial reporting, follow-ups, requests for information and resolution activity
• Support and enhance event parsing, log collection, storage, automation and monitoring
• Providing recommendations for containment and eradication of threats in order to reduce the risk
• Maintaining awareness of trends in security regulatory, technology, and operational requirements.
• Provide on call support as required
The team is taking care of security operations incident responses, threat detection threat hunting and access management (provisioning and accounts entitlement management).
In order to be considered for this role, you will possess the following skills and experience:
• Proven experience in security operations as part of SOC or CSIRT (ca 3 years)
• Experience with SIEM tools, preferably IBM QRadar and Azure Sentinel
• Experience of handling Incidents to resolution and participating in threat hunting activities
• Knowledge of network protocols (http, dns, LDAP, FTP, etc) and with networking (Firewalls, NGFW, IPS/IDS, packet captures)
• Knowledge of Log analysis and Digital Forensics.
• Familiarity with Cloud security services (Preferably Microsoft Azure)
• Basic programming knowledge is desirable (PowerShell and python) to assist with automation of SOC tasks.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem-solving skills
• Fluency in English
Please note due to COVID interviews would be conducted remotely, however the role is based 100% in Switzerland. The team is currently split WFH right now (post COVID home office will be permitted 2-3 days).
Are you interested to work in an international environment in one of the leading companies in Switzerland? Then apply now! We look forward to receiving your full application.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA