Windows Server Engineer / Ingenieur
As the leading provider to our international banking client, Swisslinx are looking for a highly motivated and outgoing Windows Systems Engineer with strong knowledge of modern Microsoft technologies and server engineering for a challenging 12 month contract role in Basel, Switzerland (with possibility to extend up to five years).
Our client is increasing the size of their small Windows Engineering team (5-10 engineers based in Basel) and as part of a bank wide innovation program with aim of harnessing the latest technologies, you would implement and maintain enterprise-class software and hardware (front and back-end) in a Windows environment.
The candidate will primarily be helping with the day-to-day operations of the team and will be asked to assist in to various projects the team are running.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
• Maintenance, monitor and enhancement of the core Windows server operating system to ensure a secure, supportable and highly available environment
• Management of services such as Windows Server deployment
• Monitoring of messaging service platforms
• Lead and deliver IT projects, take responsibility for the implementation of change across the organisation and maintenance of business critical applications
As a passionate Microsoft technologist you, you will possess the following skills and experience:
• In-depth knowledge and experience in the areas of Windows Server Operating Systems (5+ years' experience)
• Windows server technologies including Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, IIS and File System Security
• Experience with encryption, TLS, certificates and certificate management infrastructure (PKI, CA and HSM)
• Experience with 2nd and 3rd level troubleshooting of technical issues
• Knowledge of Windows security features and experience with administering Windows firewall.
• Basic PowerShell scripting.
• Knowledge of working with VMware as a hypervisor for virtual machine administration
• Excellent general infrastructure know-how, with experience in complex heterogeneous IT environments
• You are a self-starter and have the ability to pick new concepts up quickly
• Very good communication and presentation skills and ability to deal with stakeholders and vendors
• Outstanding problem solving skills and analytical approach
• Fluency in English (additional languages a plus)
The following skills are nice to have:
• Experience with Cloud adoption using Microsoft Azure in hybrid environment, ADFS and Conditional Access competencies
• Knowledge of networking principles including DNS and Firewalls
Please note due to COVID interviews would be conducted remotely, however the role is based 100% in Switzerland. The team is currently split between WFH and office right now. Post COVID occasional home office will be permitted.
Are you interested to work in an international environment in one of the leading financial companies worldwide? Then apply now! We look forward to receiving your full application.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA