Software Development Engineer in Test
As part of the IT organization serving the Financial Information business unit, we are continuously improving our customers' experience. To achieve this, we need more people with extensive expertise on modern continuous testing approach.
You will work at the heart of our strategic initiatives to deliver innovative financial data products. You will, in close collaboration with the strategic program teams, take a leading role in all activities related to testing. You will ensure the right things are tested the right way, at the right time along the complete delivery chain. The focus will be put on guaranteeing the level of quality delivered matches with market expectation. Main duties
- Lead end-to-end testing initiatives throughout the entire SDLC from test planning, test design, test execution, and test reporting. This includes performance testing, stress testing, front end, back end testing, automation testing, includes functional, regression, UAT, black box, white box...
- Participate in design and architectural discussions with a focus on testability of the system built
- Ensure completeness of the test coverage according to the business objectives
- Perform root cause analysis on issues across distributed systems and teams and provide actionable intelligence to understand, resolve and prevent reoccurrences
- 5+ years of experience in agile software development with a strong focus on testing in a software delivery organization. Experience with the SAFe framework is a plus
- A deep understanding of the different types software tests performed throughout the entire SDLC including unit, system, contract, UAT, regression, performance and exploratory
- Experience with developing testing tools in different languages for various domains including, service virtualization, logging, performance monitoring, reporting and anomaly detection.
- Must be able to communicate professionally with internal and external teams, customers, stakeholders and users. Should be skilled in providing concise, factual and persuasive details when required
- Very strong knowledge in testing different web protocols and services including TCP, HTTP, REST, GraphQL, ProtoBuffs, Kafka and MQ
- Profound know-how in cloud based CI/CD solutions. OpenShift and Azure experience is a plus
- Fluent in English at a business level, German and French are a plus
- SIX developed: Personal development plan and career opportunities
- SIX on the move: We take over a part of the costs if you commute with public transportation
- SIX balances: Annual working time, min. 5 weeks of holidays, mortgages %
- SIX leisure: Versatile and attractive offer for joint sport and leisure activities
If you have any questions, please contact Myrtha Patané-Reist, Tel. +41 58 399 38 56.
We strive for a diverse workforce and welcome all applicants regardless of personal background.