FNZ Product and Technology team is looking for experienced, high-octane DevOps Build & Release Engineer to join our team in Chiasso, Switzerland.
Do you want to have a meaningful global impact and be an integral part of a fast-growing business? Then FNZ is looking for you!
As DevOps Build & Release Engineer at FNZ, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving our build and delivery processes.
You evolve tools and methodology to work towards automating the development pipeline and continuous delivery process.
You ensure that builds, releases, and deployments happen efficiently.
You will work in a self-organized team that takes care of deployment automation and which supports the other engineering teams in their release needs.
You will interact with people in our different offices around the world and with different expertise.
We strongly believe in teamwork and your team is responsible for the build and deploy of the product. Are you the perfect fit?
- You are a perfectionist: you take great pride in the quality of your work, ensuring that it performs well and meets the technical and functional requirements.
- You are precise and self-organized: you strive to deliver on time and you are able to prioritize and manage your tasks accordingly.
- You are a technically savvy, organized and detail-oriented person who enjoys continuous improvement and making order out of chaos.
- You like to work in a team, you are a problem-solver and you will apply your skills to support the product needs.
- You enjoy finding ways to feed intelligence back to your colleagues, as well as into the products and tasks you work on.
- You strive to exceed expectations and you like to work in a team that you can learn from.
- You are not afraid to share and express your opinion.
- You feel comfortable working in an agile team.
- Design, implement and deploy in production a new orchestrator system for handling release processes and managing artifacts.
- Capable of supporting in software builds and releases delivery.
- Responsible for the design and development of builds, scripts, installation procedures, and systems, including source code control and issue tracking.
- Manage the build and continuous integration processes and tools, focusing on their automation.
- Manage and continuously improve team velocity and other KPIs in relation to the plan.
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or comparable title.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in the same role.
- Experience in software architecture prototyping and design.
- Source control tools: strong experience in at least one source control tool like Git (Bitbucket, GitHub).
- Code management: strong knowledge of code management (branching, tagging, and merging).
- Programming: advanced knowledge of Python and Go.
- General scripting: good knowledge of a scripting language (Bash).
- Build automation: good knowledge of one continuous integration system (TeamCity, Jenkins).
- Software repository: knowledge of software repositories (Artifactory, Nexus).
- Containers and orchestration: good knowledge of containerized systems (Docker) and orchestration (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes).
- Rest API development: good experience on developing and maintaining a RestFUL API application using Python or Go.
- Databases: experience in RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL).
- Cloud: knowledge in administering Cloud Services (AWS, Azure).
- Infrastructure as Code: confidence in using Ansible and Terraform.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
- Good communication skills.
- Defect tracking: working experience on one defect tracking system (Jira).
- Build scripting: fluency in build scripting languages (Gradle, Maven, Kotlin).
- Application servers: knowledge of at least one Java Application Server (Tomcat).
- Knowledge of Java is a plus.
- Any other language skills are an asset.
Please Note: We are not able to support non- EU/EFTA Nationals in gaining a valid work visa.
At FNZ, we recognize that diversity, inclusion and accessibility are important factors for our success.
We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation and achieve our business goals.
Recruitment decisions at FNZ are made in a non-discriminatory manner where all employees are valued and respected.
In particular, we want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported thus, ensuring our recruitment process is fair and equitable for all applicants.
Please let us know if there is any support we can provide to ensure FNZ's recruitment process is fully accessible to you.
You can contact us at email@example.com to discuss specific requirements.