Business Risk Analyst, Physical Oil Trading
We are seeking to hire a business risk analyst to join our global Physical Oil business working in a fast-paced trading environment. The candidate should be a graduate or a recent graduate with a strong academic background, strong problem solving and analytical skills.
In the role of the Business Risk Analyst, you will become an expert across Oil Products and Macquarie's (ETRM) trading systems and databases. You will:
- Be responsible for calculating, reporting, and understanding various risk measures including VaR, Stress and other Risk Performance indicators.
- Perform statistical analyses on risk exposures in the trading portfolio
- Be directly involved and liaison with the Trading desks and Management and engage in risk discussions on the trading floor and in weekly risk meetings, alongside building strong relationships across the business.
- Improve processes including identification of areas for improving accuracy, efficiency and the speed and quality of data.
- Assist in or perform analytical reviews as prescribed
The candidate should demonstrate an interest in global markets (perhaps you have previous experience or have completed relevant internships) and have extremely good communication skills as the role will involve interaction with diverse teams and senior management. Advanced excel and programming skills, specifically python, would be an advantage. Otherwise, we are open minded and encourage you to apply.
This is an incredible opportunity to work directly with the front desk, operations, and risk teams across a global trading business. If it sounds exciting, please apply now. About Commodities and Global Markets
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders, and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.