For one of our clients, an international bank based in Geneva, we are looking for a Credit Officer to join a team covering EMEA regions.
- Manage and monitor a sub-portfolio of counterparty names.
- Work Closely with the front office's lending team and Client Advisors and support the growth of the lending book by structuring non-standard transactions, reviewing term sheets, tailor-made documentation and offering risk mitigation alternatives.
- Analyze, document and approve credit risk of structured transactions across all products (cash, derivatives) and securities - fixed income, equities, funds (long only and Hedge funds), & less liquid asset classes (Private Equity, Real Estate, Planes).
- Transparent communication of decision-making including risk analysis and approval conditions.
- In close cooperation with other risk management specialist, analyze new types of securities and determine specific collateral values for Structured Notes, Emerging Market securities, Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Real Estate, etc.
- Act as primary contact within the team for specific product area via building and updating detailed product guidance, related system and process knowledge (Subject Matter Expert).
- Contribute to various ongoing or new projects within the Risk Management team. A leading role will be considered.
- Credit authority targeted under 4-eye principle.
- University Degree in Finance, Economics or equivalent.
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar role in private banking. A background in asset finance (leveraged finance, commodities, private equity) or corporate credits would be a plus.
- Strong analytical and structuring skills, with knowledge of financial products.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, team player and open for change.
- Understanding of Swiss and international banking regulatory requirements.
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis including balance sheet, cash flows, projections.
- Strong IT skills (Excel,...).
- Fluent in English, other languages are a plus.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted, many thanks for your understanding.