Some careers open more doors than others.
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world’s largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking for individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers’ needs.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Wealth and Personal Banking team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
In this role, you will:
Ensure optimal execution of funds orders. Dealing officer work closely with other Funds department in order to ensure good follow up of dealing execution.
Impact on the Business
- Delivers day-to-day workload on time and to the standard requested by manager. Meets commitments made to colleagues. Understands and ensures completeness of daily tasks and controls
- Ensures that their time is used effectively and efficiently. Supports cost saving and efficiency efforts
- Plans and meets deadlines consistently, Anticipates and addresses potential barriers or issues that could impact the delivery or service that they offer
- Knows, draft and keep procedures and DIM up-to-date
- Ensure good execution of orders placed by Front Office by following internal/external rules
- Generate Fax Dealing instructions (via automatic or manual process)
- Close follow-up of pending orders with Fund Administrator, Fund Manager or external counterparts
- Answer questions from internal/external counterpart with accuracy and in a timely manner
- Verify that order comply with Dealing rules and make sure all appropriate controls are in place
- Identify and correct any mistakes detected during the execution process
- Identify and raise any issues detected to management in a timely manner. Pro-actively participate to define new mitigation point to put in place if need be
- Ensure that we have proper hardware/software to conduct the Dealing activity
Customers / Stakeholders
- Strives to be helpful when responding to, or dealing with clients. Perseveres to try to resolve issues and provide solutions
- Maintains professionalism in difficult conversations and escalates issues if necessary
Leadership & Teamwork
- Ensures that their manager meets with them on a one-to-one basis as required, and gives support required for task performance and development of relevant skills. Communicates their activities and achievements to manager. Contributes fully to HR processes (e.g. self-appraisal, as required by manager.)
- Sets own individual SMART goals that accurately reflect performance required of them
- Immediately escalates business and people issues as well as incident and operational errors to the line manager. Participates to the elaboration and implementation of solutions and mitigation actions
- Develops respectful, helpful and professional relationships both within the department Operations and within the Bank to resolve problems swiftly and professionally, promotes work efficiency, achieves high productivity and delivers high quality services
- Provides continuous and pro-active support and encouragement to junior team members
- Assists and provides training to new team members, learns different tasks of the team, back up to other team members to ensure appropriate polyvalence and coverage
- Ensures a timely turnaround for all internal and external client queries and requests. Acts consistently in a way that promotes HSBC as a client-focused organization
- Demonstrates willingness to bring ideas to the table and proposes workable solutions where improvements are needed
- Reacts positively to changes
- Remains client driven while protecting the bank from risk and maintains effective control standards
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Commercial degree, CFC bancaire or equivalent
- Knowledge of the banking industry and strong experience in Funds Dealing (Alternatives and Mutual Funds). Minimum 3 years’ experience
- Knowledge of English and French are requested. Any other language would be a plus
- Computer skills: MS Office
- Analytical skills and well organized
- Good communication skills, team player and client oriented
- Fast-learner with ability to quickly adapt to multiple tasks, tight deadlines and evolving working situations
- Exhibits commitment and resilience, especially when facing stressful situation
- Advanced judgmental skills to identify and resolve problems
- Able to create relationships and channels of communication with key interfaces and stakeholders
- Due to immigration restrictions in Switzerland we will only be able to consider applications from Swiss or EU citizens or from candidates holding a valid Swiss work permit
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
HSBC is a signatory company of the Advance Charter. This Charter is a commitment towards gender equality in business and hence a workplace environment that supports a fair and balanced approach to hiring, remunerating, promoting and retaining female talent.
Within HSBC in Switzerland all internal candidates from Group and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the role. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
To discover more about HSBC, please check our website: https://www.hsbc.com/about-hsbc
Please apply via our careers website at the following link :
Taleo reference: 0000FY8F