We are recruiting an experienced Data Engineer to work directly with the traders and research analysts in the Gas and Power teams in our Geneva office. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced commercial setting, playing a critical role in a real time, data driven trading environment. Whilst being physically co-located with the trading teams, the engineer will be part of the global Data Science and Engineering Team (DSE) who are responsible for the ingestion and management of market and fundamental data, as well as providing cloud-based infrastructure for the use of research analysts, traders and data scientists. Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
Abilities, Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of Python and SQL
- AWS data stack (E.g. S3, Redshift, Glue, Lambda)
- Build and maintain time critical data integration pipelines (ETL/ELT)
- Design appropriate data models for a variety of internal and external datasets
- Contribute to the automation of processes on the trading desk
- Develop a deep understanding of technical projects on the desk in order to better serve commercial needs
- Commodity trading experience (Gas / Power) highly desirable
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related subject
- AWS certifications are a plus
- Experience with enterprise scale data systems
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of partners across business lines and technology
- Experience implementing software engineering best practices
- Ability to tackle problems under pressure
- Ability to effectively prioritise tasks of high importance
The Data Science and Engineering team researches, develops, and provides sophisticated analytics and data services to the trading business, and other commercial operations at Trafigura.
Trafigura's European Gas and Power teams manage both physical and derivative portfolios. The team heavily relies on data, analysis and process automation. They are looking to work with someone who can develop an understanding of their business and ultimately take ownership for a variety of technical tasks.
Day to day management will be from Traders and Analysts with DSE team providing technical direction and additional engineering and analytics support where required. Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.