Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a global merchant trading company looking to hire a Head Grain Trader to establish a new desk in Geneva, Switzerland.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- To establish a new desk as the head of grain trading within Geneva, Switzerland responsible for driving profit growth within physical grains (such as corn, oats, barley, wheat rice) and building out a team of traders.
- Maintaining and expanding North African and Mediterranean grain books with importation to Turkey also a priority.
- Bringing across execution / operations persons to support the team and the networks with local banks.
- Establishing and implementing strategic vision ensuring both profitable grains trading sourcing primarily from black sea area and selling into the North African / Mediterranean area whilst cementing strategic partnerships with both trading and finance counterparties.
- Role reports to CEO.
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Experience and fluency in dealing with banks/financial and grain trading counterparts with full remit for transactional documents.
- Strong leadership capabilities with verifiable background in reviewing and implementing trading & operational procedures covering SOP’s, team KPI’s, resolving all payment, reporting and risk events.
- Entrepreneurial mindset is key to establish the new business and build out the footprint covering the Mediterranean and Northern African Markets.
- Exposure to the Black Sea, Middle East and North Africa grain markets (such as corn, oats, barley, wheat rice) is required, ideally with a transferable portfolio of business.
- Must be based in Geneva to develop strategic partnerships with counterparties and banks in the area.
For all positions based in Switzerland, Redstone Commodity Search works with their licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH. All candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.