Supporting the companies FS Group globally, including preparing, reviewing and negotiating legal documentation, providing legal and regulatory advice, managing legal risks and liaising with external counsel
Supporting the companies FS Group globally, including preparing, reviewing and negotiating legal documentation, providing legal and regulatory advice, managing legal risks and liaising with external counsel. Your challenges
- Providing legal and regulatory advice on proposed trade/structured financing transactions; reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide range of investment, trade and finance related documentation.
- Developing close working relationships with the business in identifying and managing legal risks with internal and external counterparts and working with the Legal team to develop strategies to support the achievement of commercial objectives while managing and minimising legal risks.
- Actively engaging the business and understanding the financial services environment to proactively address issues faced and opportunities presented to the business.
- Engaging and managing external counsel on legal opinions and all related expenses.
- The Senior Legal Counsel is responsible for maintaining regular contact with external counsel and relevant stakeholders to keep up to date with the latest development and changes in the law and regulation and the legal market.
- Law qualification under UK/ Singapore/ Geneva / New York law.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the financial services area, including trade finance and structured finance transactions, gained from a major law firm, financial institution or corporate.
- Significant understanding of trade-related financing issues such as standard banking documents (LMA/ APLMA), letters of credit (UCP 600), standby letters of credit/ bank guarantees, trade credit facility agreements and participation agreements.
- Substantial experience in drafting and negotiating ISDA and other derivative documentation.
- Substantial experience in structuring, drafting and negotiating legal documentation for structured finance transactions, such as trade facility agreements, discounting/ forfaiting agreements, participation agreements and commodity trade documentation.
- Cross border trade finance transaction experience.
- Knowledge of applicable banking regulations, sanctions, FCPA and AML.
- Strong interpersonal and drafting skills, along with excellent organizational ability.
We build careers. We make it our business to connect our candidates with the right opportunities for them. Whether you're searching for a rewarding interim assignment or a long-term move, you'll have the support of one of the leading recruitment organisations in Switzerland. Badenoch & Clark is a subsidiary of The Adecco Group specialising in the placement of senior specialist, management and executive-level roles. Learn more about us on BadenochandClark.ch Your contact
You can apply directly online.