Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Private Bank seeks to be the leading international private bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world. At HSBC Private Bank, we put our clients at the centre of everything we do.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team.
This role is key to support the growth ambitions of our UHNW strategy and will deliver success by providing solutions from across the HSBC group to our UHNW clients, allowing us to increase net new money and substantially increase revenue. In particular, the role will need to work closely with lines of businesses within Global Private Bank (GPB) and across functions within HSBC Group such as Global Banking and Markets (GB&M), Commercial Banking (CMB) and Asset Management (AMG) for the designed institutional products and services for this sophisticated client segment. The role will also work collaboratively with key stakeholders with GPB including IWS colleagues, control functions, and supporting departments to drive new initiatives and enhancement to the platform.
- The Regional Head of UHNW Solutions Group, EMEA (Ex. UK) will be leading a team of regional product specialists that will be providing dedicated specialist coverage across public markets, private markets and institutional like services to UHNW clients alongside relationship managers and investment counsellors
- The role holder will need to work closely with lines of businesses within HSBC such as Global Banking and Markets, Commercial Banking and Asset Management to source and/or facilitate access to tailored and institutional products and services for this sophisticated client segment. She/he will also need to leverage GPB’s open architecture where necessary to close any proposition gaps and deliver a comprehensive product offering
- The role holder will drive the new initiatives and own the proposition from sourcing to delivery; this includes working with internal stakeholders from the control functions, the product development teams, the IT and platform teams to design a globally consistent framework and support system enhancements accordingly
- The individual will be responsible for designing and delivering the products and investment services proposition in line with GPB’s UHNW strategy. The proposition will cover the full spectrum of IWS ultra products and services and will be designed with the Regional UHNW Head, the Regional UHNW coverage teams, the Regional IWS Head and the Global Head of UHNW Solutions Group to ensure alignment with GPB’s overall service proposition and client acquisition strategy
In this role you will:
- Lead the Regional UHNW Solutions Group to focus on broader Solutions and Global Solution Group (GSG) business:
- Originating and delivering sophisticated products and services to our UHNW clients for their institutionalized and non-private bank needs – the “Solutions” business.
- Two-way collaboration of corporate finance opportunities and direct investments across asset classes working jointly with Global Banking & Markets and CMB – the “GSG” business.
- Collaborate closely with regional head of UHNW and UHNW coverage teams to deliver the GPB UHNW strategy
- Responsible for revenue growth and wallet share on UHNW products and services jointly with UHNW coverage teams and Regional IWS Head
- Develop a UHNW proposition encompassing the full spectrum of IWS products and services across Public and Private Markets, wider IWS ultra offerings in line with clients’ needs and requirement
- Collaborate cross-divisionally in HSBC and with the 3rd party network to source and deliver products and services to this specific client segment
- Drive and manage the specialist coverage model to support RMs and ICs
- Manage the relationship with global and regional stakeholders within GPB
- Work closely with different control functions across GPB to establish the risk and governance parameters for the solutions proposition
- Lead product related platform enhancements to ensure delivery of product and services
- Managing and leading a regional Solutions product specialists team
- Collaborating with the regional Solution teams and central Solutions product team
- Working with all control functions/key stakeholders to establish effective parameters for sustainable activities
- Supporting the Head of IWS, Market Heads/Team Heads/Bankers/ICs in the focus region to drive the growth strategy against GPB ultra client base
- Revenue recognition model alignment with RMs, ICs, and Group business lines
- Aligning global, regional and local needs and requirements
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Have 15 to 20 years of trading, structuring, sales, advisory or investment management experience from other highly regarded private banks or financial institutions
- Team player who is able to frequently exchange ideas, share update and collaborate with other team members and colleagues across teams and locations
- Strong management/leadership skills and able to operate with a global remit in high standard of integrity and transparency
- Be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset to drive new products, transformation projects and execute implementation
- Strong knowledge of Capital Markets, Investment Banking and institutionalized solutions across GPB, GB&M and AMG
- Knowledgeable about the regional business, regulatory and competition, able to identify gaps in current policies and procedures
- Ability to enrich the product offering by driving the group collaboration agenda and acting as the business lead to ensure the delivery
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
HSBC is a signatory company of the Advance Charter. This Charter is a commitment towards gender equality in business and hence a workplace environment that supports a fair and balanced approach to hiring, remunerating, promoting and retaining female talent.
Within HSBC in Switzerland all internal candidates from Group and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the role. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
To discover more about HSBC, please check our website: https://www.hsbc.com/about-hsbc
Please apply via our careers website at the following link : https://mycareer.hsbc.com/external
Taleo reference : 0000IKPH