Robeco is looking for a dedicated Sustainable Investing (SI) Analyst / Senior Analyst, with a background in the Materials sector, to join their SI Research Team. The SI Research team is primarily based in Zurich, but also represented locally in other countries. The Materials Analyst position would be located in Zurich or Rotterdam.
The SI Research team is responsible for identifying the most financially material sustainability factors that differentiate companies in terms of their business performance, thereby improving investment decisions. As the SI knowledge hub for Robeco, SI Research contributes unique thematic and company-specific insights and helps investment teams integrate sustainability into their investment strategies. The team is also responsible for the content in our internal ESG Dashboards and other tools used by SI and Investment analysts.
Robeco gives analysts the unique opportunity to become a true specialist on their sector, a thought leader in the sustainability investing community broadly, and a career as a sustainability analyst. The successful candidate will closely cooperate with investment teams group-wide and have a high degree of visibility with companies and investors.
Your main responsibilities:
- Provide in depth and creative analysis of companies in the Materials sector
- Produce sector & company analyses to help investment teams identify new opportunities and make better informed investment decisions
- Take a leading role in driving the link between sustainability and business performance for both investors and companies
- Work with financial analysts (fundamental and quantitative) to demonstrate the value of sustainability research and how it can improve the risk-return profile of portfolios
Requirements for this position:
- Senior SI Research Analysts have three core competencies gained from working as a financial analyst or in the Materials sector (Chemicals, Mining, Metals, Construction Materials, Paper & Forest Products, Packaging): sustainability, industry, and financial analysis (equity, corporate bonds or corporate finance)
- 5+/10+ years working experience in relevant fields, providing deep knowledge of at least two of the three core competencies above, plus basic knowledge of the third
- Master’s university degree in a relevant field, with experience and/or education in business, finance or economics, or CFA designation
- Knowledge of: 1) the standard approaches to analyzing cash flow generation capacity for corporate bonds; or 2) the standard financial valuation tools for equities (e.g., DCF, EVA, multiples) and when and how to apply them
- Industry experience at large corporates is beneficial, but not required
- Business fluency in English (written and spoken)
Your soft skills:
- Outstanding analytical skills, an entrepreneurial and business-oriented mind-set, and the ability to synthesize both corporate sustainability and financial information
- Ability to demonstrate how non-financial factors influence enterprise success on the one hand and investment returns and risk on the other, with in-depth, evidence-based research
- Creativity, flexibility and proactivity, and enjoy cooperation with different teams in an international setting
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application papers with a motivation letter and indication of your preferred workload. In case of questions please reach out directly to our Cluster Head - Heavy industries, Ms. Elina Hokkanen at email@example.com.
Robeco is a pure-play international asset manager founded in 1929 with headquarters in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, and 17 offices worldwide. A global leader in sustainable investing since 1995, its unique integration of sustainable as well as fundamental and quantitative research enables the company to offer institutional and private investors an extensive selection of active investment strategies, for a broad range of asset classes. As at 31 December 2020, Robeco had EUR 176 billion in assets under management, of which EUR 160 billion is committed to ESG integration. Robeco is a subsidiary of ORIX Corporation Europe N.V. More information is available at www.robeco.com.