Our client is an international company
- Lead the preparation of monthly financial closing according to US GAAP and local legal requirements
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of adequate accounting records to meet the requirements of local laws and SOX internal controls
- Lead the adaptation of new accounting standards and new requirements
- Strong coordination with the stakeholders
- Lead the reconciliation of all accounts and manage quarterly balance sheet reviews with local and group stakeholders as well as ensure timely cleanup of overdue items.
- Handle fiscal requirements (including VAT, taxes, etc.)
- Lead relevant tax, compliance and audit reporting processes and relationships for the entity, providing necessary data to internal and external authorities, and acting as a point of contact for stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with SOX through maintenance of relevant controls, reconciliations, management of documentation and testing
- Lead finance related process changes to achieve best practice by proactively identifying gaps to standards, initiating and formulating change projects with IT and Finance management
- Lead accounting and reporting projects to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Proactively manage project status, potential gaps and next steps to ensure objectives are met
- Master degree in Finance.
- CPA or ACCA or equivalent would be a plus.
- 8+ years of accounting experience, public accounting and industry experienced preferred
- Strong understanding of IFRS accounting
- Team management
- Attention to detail and ability to accurately input data into systems
- Ability to operate with high level of independence
- Organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects with various parties
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments, including problem solving