Business Development / M&A Manager
Our client is a fast-growing company
The Business Development and M&A Manager will be responsible for the identification, selection and acquisition in Switzerland, with a focus on the French part.
He will actively approach potential targets as well as develop and maintain a network of intermediaries, advisors, industry contacts and other parties, who will refer interested targets.
Due to the nature of the acquisition and growth strategy, a large number of transactions will run in parallel. The candidate will develop the relationship with sellers, assess the financial stability of the target, negotiate a purchase structure with the owners, prepare a basis for decision to the investment committee and bring the discussions to a successful conclusion.
This role involves financial analysis and modeling, M&A, negotiation and integration skills as well as abilities to interact with top management and board of directors. The candidate will be based in Lausanne and report to the Head of Business Development and M&A. Roles and Responsibilities
- Leading M&A transactions end-to-end, from initial valuation to closing
- Approaching and convincing acquisition targets and sellers to join the company
- Developing and running an active pipeline of high-quality acquisition prospects
- Maintaining a database covering all interactions with prospective acquisition opportunities
- Conducting financial Due Diligence, valuation as well as developing a purchase price structure
- Assessing financial risks and returns through the creation of financial models
- Negotiating contracts and completing the acquisition
- Preparing investment proposals to the management and the investment committee
- Handing over of each completed acquisition to the integration and operations team
- A completed University or equivalent degree in Business, Economics, Finance or Accountancy
- 3-5 years of relevant M&A transaction experience
- Outstanding analytical, financial and comprehension capabilities, combined with excellent Excel skills
- Service-oriented and result-driven mind-set
- Ability to manage and prioritize several acquisition trajectories simultaneously
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to build trust with entrepreneurs and stakeholders
- Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities in French, German and English (ability to understand and analyze financial statements in these languages)
- This role requires approx. 10-20% travel in Switzerland