Our client an asset management company specialised in alternative investments, offering solutions focused in private markets, liquid alternatives and multi-asset class investments are looking for a Lead Workplace Engineer in the heart of Zürich.
- 8+ years of technical experience implementing, managing and supporting digital workplace technologies
- Experience leading enterprise IT projects
- Experience building technology roadmaps and aligning with enterprise architecture
- Strong understanding of digital workplace technologies (hardware, software, collaboration tools (especially M365 platform) and SaaS applications)
- Strong understanding of adjacent technologies (identity, security, endpoint management, vulnerability management, asset management, IT service management, analytics, etc.)
- Working knowledge of managing digital workplace tools and configuration management, identity and access management, active directory, desktop virtualization, collaboration platforms and other cloud-based services
- Experience implementing management of endpoint devices (Microsoft Endpoint Manager)
- Tech Savvy. Ability to quickly learn, implement and utilise new technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work across business lines at senior levels to influence and effect change to achieve common goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of audiences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, German is a plus.
- Define, implement, manage and continuously improve digital workplace technologies
- Establish digital workplace technology roadmaps, engineering strategy and operating standards
- Oversee endpoint management and patching to ensure security and availability, while minimizing the potential impact on employee experience
- Advocate for secure computing practices and procedures, and communicate best practices throughout the company
- Ensure that documentation and training is in place for workplace operations teams
- Support resolution of high-priority outages, troubleshooting efforts, and capacity/availability planning sessions;
- Support digital workplace technology projects and planning
- Advocate for advanced analytics and automation to streamline efficiencies;
- Work closely with infrastructure, operations and service desk teams to drive coordination and collaboration throughout the digital workplace program
- Collaborate closely with security and identity and access management teams to ensure a secure seamless delivery of digital workplace technologies.